Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In what could be a very good situation

Options
  • 01-02-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭

I help some close friends of mine with their band, recording videos taking some pictures at gigs,

thiskindofstuff.png
    that sort of thing.
    All free of charge of course etc etc.

They're not very well known with about 4k subscribers on youtube and 1k likes on facebook.

Situation is; they've managed to secure a spot supporting a fairly well known act from Limerick known as the Rubberbandits.

Anyone have any ideas how to maximise exposure which could be gained from being involved with this 260,000 'likes' duo?

My plan so far isn't going to differ from normal really, go there, two camera setup to record (both dslr cameras, one most likely a wideish 18mm lens and a nifty 50 for lovely bokeh lens flares which people seem to always like in a band video) and record audio straight from the mixer to a zoon h1 or laptop (Redundant point really, seeing as this post has nothing to do with that.) And end up with a circa 5 minute video of them, should I heavily feature the Rubberbandits in this video and hope to get hits through them being in it? Or would that be bad form leeching from their fame?

Are there any problems I would face by recording the Rubberbandits?

TL;DR:
    band supporting rubberbandits at a gig. Help me maximise bands promotion through doing this. Please and thank you, all feedback appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement