Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit Fit

Options
  • 31-01-2012 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

I bought a blueseventy ladies axium wetsuit off wiggle which arrived last night. It was in their clearence sale and I thought why not- if it doesnt fit I can send it back. The problem is- I'm not sure what the right fit should feel like. I was prepared for it to be tighter than my surfing wetsuit and after trying it on two times it feels perfect on my legs and stomach. However the arms are very tight. So tight across by biceps that it kind of hurts especially the left arm for some reason.

I have small arms so I'm wondering if this is normal - will it loosen out a bit or is there anything I can do to improve the arm fit. I've read on other sites that putting bottles up the sleeve will help-does this really work? Or is my best option to just send it back? It fits like a glove everywhere else and I really like it besides the bicep crushing arms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

It needs to be tighter than tight - what you have might be ok. I remember my missus complaining that she could hardly move her arms but the seller who was an accomplished OW swimmer assured her it was perfect and that it would expand in the water. It was fine in the water for her one triathlon two years ago (what a waste of money)

Although I know its most important to get the shoulder fit right more so than the legs and stomach. Hopefully interested will be along later to perhaps confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

If it feel almost too tight when on your dry then its probably a decent fit. It will loosen up a little in the water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

+1 on what the lads are saying. You could also try the following:

1. Put the suit on, but pull up all and any slack in the suit - up over your knees, over your bum, over your torso and up on to your shoulders. (this slack will probably be fairly small but it should still make a bit of difference in the flexibility around the shoulders)

2. Try it on at your local pool to see if it loosens up in the water. This may void any chance of returning the suit, but if you give it a good rinse in warmish water afterwards it shouldn't be noticed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

And how could I forget but like any self respecting triathlete you will be lubed up to the 9's in either Baby Oil, Bodyglide or KY Jelly ;)

So you wont have to do this when you reach transition 1

63.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've decided to keep the suit, the more I try it on the more I'm getting used to the restriction in the arms. I'll take all your tips on board thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

catweazle wrote: »
    It needs to be tighter than tight
    within reason but not to the point of hurting as bally8 says.

Are you tried it wet yet, e.g. get into the shower or bath with it, and ensure water get in to wet arms/legs/torso?

Advertisement