Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events sub forum

Options
  • 30-01-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

I think it would be good.

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I agree. Was looking for one earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I threw a race in the events forum for ART and it got moved here. Think a sub forum would be good for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Agreed. I think the main events forum worked ok.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I assume the reason why the events are lumped in here is because MCOS doesn't have modding rights in the other events forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

It would certainly clean up things a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭griffin100

I still don't understand why the orginal events forum was split, but yeah a dedicated tri/adventure races events forum would tidy things up, even though it'd be dead in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I assume the reason why the events are lumped in here is because MCOS doesn't have modding rights in the other events forum?

Yes, pretty much. When we were setting up this subforum there was some discussion about how much should go in here. Gear discussions and training logs would be too much, just the general forum stuff would be too little? General stuff and events... maybe just right?
    As with everything else about the subforum, it's an experiment. Maybe the old mix was actually the best possible way of organising the forum content, but maybe it wasn't, and the only way to find out is to try some other formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Where would it sit tough? As is, this is a subforum and I think its gathering a little momentum too. As we approach race season and this sub forum gets busier with event threads I guess it will become obvious if anything is getting lost. I gathered that this experimet is to see if Tri/Dua/AR could be a Forum in its own right with sub forums for events etc...

Advertisement