Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

cambridge wrote: »
    I'll let you use your imagination for a while, if I keep giving you the answers you'll never learn. Have a think about it, sleep on it. If you can't envision any way to solves these questions by tomorrow I'll give you a hand and point you in the right direction. In the mean time you might google

rent allowance scheme

Fine, take that attitude if you want. I'm not running for office, I want to know how YOU would enact YOUR policies.

And googling it reveals nothing worthwhile. Why do you think a scheme such as this would be of any benefit over the current system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

I'll let you use your imagination for a while, if I keep giving you the answers you'll never learn. Have a think about it, sleep on it. If you can't envision any way to solves these questions by tomorrow I'll give you a hand and point you in the right direction. In the mean time you might google

rent allowance scheme

I don't like your tone. If you want to become president you need to gain people's support, not alienate them. Not everyone knows what a rent allowance scheme is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

teach a man to fish...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

teach a man to fish...

teach a politician how to avoid questions....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Cambridge, You've insulted people in this thread twice directly.

Once more and you are gone.

• Advertisement

censored by the establishment?

censored by the establishment?

No, just told to follow the forum charter and general boards rules.

Do you intend to actually answer the question on your policy or just ignore it?

i told you i'm letting you mull it over. if i answer this little tidbit you'll ask for another tidbit, then another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

i told you i'm letting you mull it over. if i answer this little tidbit you'll ask for another tidbit, then another.

So that's a no then?

You'll go far in politics with that attitude.

Best of luck with the campaign, I wish you the best.

• Advertisement

if he can't answer it by tomorrow i'll answer,so that's a yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

if he can't answer it by tomorrow i'll answer,so that's a yes
    In other words, you can't come up with anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Jesus, even if I don't have an answer, or can't give one for specific reasons, I at least explain why or attempt to explain.

If ye think I'm bad lads. ;)

Not that I believe this candidacy will materialise, or that I'm even convinced the person is a current student, but anyways... who's going to ask about political affiliations, past favours etc, or are those questions reserved specifically for me?

poor derek, feels a bit left out now the lime light is no longer on him. don't worry d i'm sure we'll find something for you sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

People you are letting him (The troll) win!

Sid_Justice Cambridge, I have to say, is a very good troll, just has a way of stirring up the **** that gets on peoples nerves and makes them respond moreso out of rage than anything else. This is evident in the number of replies over the past few hours!

They are the same people, Sid and Cambridge, they have to be, they use exactly the same method of literally dissecting the other person's argument sentence by sentence.

This person is clever, and has absolutely no intention of running for any position in the SU. If he was going to run, he wouldnt be alienating people like he is, he is clever so he would be doing quite the opposite if his intentions were true.

Move along people there is nothing to see here really. Stop feeding the troll!

not sure where this slander is coming from. I have never pretended to be anyone but myself on this thread. I am 100% genuine in my intention of running for SU president. DD said if i felt so strongly about it and think i could do better i should run, put my money where my mouth is (or text?) so to speak. As I outlined earlier, I haven't a chance in hell of winning, the heathen never recognise their redeemer til its too late. sure didn't the jews only crucify your man jesus of nazareth?

I'm the great white hope this college needs to get it back up there with the big boys but they won't pick me. they'll go for some spa with a mickey painted on his face giving out free tangle twisters in the court yard. that's how derek got elected the first time and it took 3 years of hurt, misery and pain to get rid of him.

i'll give it my best shot but it's a up hill battle. no body likes the taste of medicine, people don't want to bare the brunt of it. they'll go for some 21 year old jack the lad who will spend the su family savings on trips to the us for leadership seminars and run the only spar stores in the country that aren't profitable.

the dark days are not over, they've just begun and you're pulling the only man with the candle into the abyss. may god have mercy on our souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

I'm the great white hope this college needs

Great white hope?

14740258.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

the dark days are not over, they've just begun and you're pulling the only man with the candle into the abyss. may god have mercy on our souls.

You are a like a God! Oh my, mighty Cambridge please guide us through these dark days of University life and show us the light and error of our ways for attempting to gain professional qualifications that will allow us to contribute in some way shape or form to society.

By the power of UL you may rise fourth and vanquish all who lay before you, as you are the one true President of ULSU. You, you are a man who could be President of the USI, nay! President of Ireland, nay! President of the World! Yes YOU because you are the only one with answers to correct our ways.

Come, brothers and sisters, join me in our praise of the great true President of ULSU, Cambridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Yeah, that's all cool anyway.

So back on topic, any actual rumours of sabbats next year?

Genuinely heard of three separate people for President, but I don't really want to divulge the identities.

Haven't heard of anyone for Education of Welfare. I think it will be tough getting people in this year considering the financial state the SU is in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Are you running for anything yourself Keith?

Would be running for President, but it's not feasible to do so.

1) Contract signed for the states this summer.
    2) Not really wise to take a year out of my PhD.

why not ginge? what you doing your phd on? cutting edge biomedical research into the investigation of cancer causing inflammatory mediators? no? wood work is it? wood work teaching methods. you're right, the would couldn't pause for one moment to wait for that hot research to come about.

I've heard from 2 seperate sources that both Patrick Rockett and Aoife Kenny will be two of my competitors for the SU presidency.

Choose Van Vilder.
    Choose Cristina Fernández de Kirchner
    or Choose cambridge. choice is yours.

It's actually on resource and methodology development for teachers educating children with Asperger's Syndrome you self righteous prick :-)

Didn't know you had expertise in pedology methodology. Didn't know you have expertise in child development. Didn't know you had expertise in neurology. Fair play to you keith, some phd for a guy who's good with his hands.

where'd ya get the funding from ? Ircset? irchss?

Pedology is the study of soil ;-)

Trollers gotta troll.

I am self-funded.

Pedology is the study of soil ;-)

Trollers gotta troll.

I am self-funded.

iphone predictive text error

self-funded, fair play. probably means you didn't interview for the position, didn't win any funding for it, so basically doing a bit of a post-grad and we'll see how we get on.

best of luck with it mate, though why you signed a contract when you're not getting any money to do it i don't know.

if you need a hand gis a pm

• Advertisement

probably means you didn't interview for the position, didn't win any funding for it, so basically doing a bit of a post-grad and we'll see how we get on.

Who knows, maybe I'll be published and actually make a difference instead of sitting on a computer creating multiple accounts on a forum, stirring **** and think I'm making a difference in peoples lives. :-)

If I don't, I'll move on to the next stage of my life, happy with what I've done so far.
    best of luck with it mate, thought why you signed a contract when you're not getting any money to do it i don't know.

The contract is for a job in the United States working with kids with AS.

So again, if your running why not share your name with us? This internet anonymity is not doing well for the whole transparency part of your manifesto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement