Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D New to Tri Evening - We got cake!!!

Options
  • 27-01-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Everyone else is plugging their beginners night, so here's ours. Our picture is better than the childs graffiti that Activ Multisport are using, and I don't see any other clubs offering free cake!! I have however refused to model the new club trisuit on the evening.

Taking place on St Brigids Day next Wednesday at 7:30pm in the Halfway House on the Navan Road. Hope to see a good turnout. Or I'll have to eat all the cake... :D

http://triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=610

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Pah! That's not even a poster it's just a picture.:rolleyes:

I'll have you know that our logo was inspired by the great works of L.S. Lowry and he also lived under the accusation that he only painted matchstick men ( I accept ours are matchstixck men) and nothing more than a Sunday painter (I don't paint on the Sabbath!).

To quote the great man ""You don't need brains to be a painter, just feelings." I definitley don't have brains :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Elaborate on how much cake and the type of cake. These are the things that help people make important decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

That is the happiest looking person I've ever seen in my life. Great photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Elaborate on how much cake and the type of cake. These are the things that help people make important decisions.

Details of the cake will be investigated, and I shall report back on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

There seemed to be a lot of talk, at swimming last night, about the amount of baking that had to be done for the night. So I'm optimistic! Lots of positive reviews of last year's cake too!

Hoping to make it along, but might be down in Mayo :(

• Advertisement

The Chefs are keeping their cards very close to their chests. There's a bit of competition gathering over the cakes and no one wants to give anything away. All I've been able to determine is that one chefs first attempt as baking a cake on Sunday was so successful that the cake didn't survive as far Tuesday. He has had another attempt and is hoping this one survives a little longer. There will be plenty for everyone.

Hope to see a few of you there this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Hope to see a few of you there this evening.

Id imagine it'll be a very good evening for all that attend. In case anyone's wondering, BTH will be the one in the room emitting more light than you would have considered humanly possible and eating a McDonalds whilst doing glute exercises and humming the theme tune to Bosco ;)

interested wrote: »
    Id imagine it'll be a very good evening for all that attend. In case anyone's wondering, BTH will be the one in the room emitting more light than you would have considered humanly possible and eating a McDonalds whilst doing glute exercises and humming the theme tune to Bosco ;)

No, no, I promise to keep my top on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

No, no, I promise to keep my top on...

Dear Lord, what have I done. Arguably best to save that particular imagery / presentation for later on in the season alright. Or at least until people have paid for membership.

Advertisement