Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What you look for in a girl/guy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

One on the far right isn't bad. :pac:

\o/ Yay! I got picked!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

The blue, non plaid made you stand out from the crowd.

I thought it was just my charming features

I thought it was just my charming features

The bright blue tshirt is your charming feature
    :pac:

The bright blue tshirt is your charming feature
    :pac:

:(
    And I was gonna give you a proper compliment :(

• Advertisement

:(
    And I was gonna give you a proper compliment :(

At least when it rains it'll take a while for the rain to reach you, if you trip you won't have far to fall. Etc etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Don't be crazy.
    Be nice, be interesting, have a sense of humour, be able to talk to me for a few hours with neither of us getting bored. Be talented or have interesting hobbies, be very good-looking.

That's.. the ideal, in order of importance. But in practice I'm not looking for any traits in particular, and I'm too unattractive for any of this to bother me

At least when it rains it'll take a while for the rain to reach you, if you trip you won't have far to fall. Etc etc?

Nope. Too late now though :mad:

Nope. Too late now though :mad:

I do apologise kind sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Colm! wrote: »
    be able to talk to me for a few hours with neither of us getting bored.
    I don't believe it's possible for two people to speak for a few hours without getting bored or at least losing their voice. Please tell me this superpower does not exist.

• Advertisement

Davidius wrote: »
    I don't believe it's possible for two people to speak for a few hours without getting bored or at least losing their voice. Please tell me this superpower does not exist.

Its very very possible. One of my favourite nights was spent talking pretty much non stop from about 8 until almost midnight. Only reason it stopped was cause we had a party to go to (and were very late)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Talking all night long is great craic. DMCs for the win. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Wavy hair!!!

And big, dark eyes...

And the smile... Mmm :rolleyes:

Someone who's fit is good... Not monstrously fit, but fit.

If she's any of fun, funny, intelligent (not intimidatingly so, though... Smarties are scary :eek:), engaging, light hearted, kind, selfless, culturally aware, reasonable, semi-mature (SEMI!!! :pac:), confident (but not in a showy offy way), energetic, capable of maintaining a conversation and not, like, clingy, that's good!

Some accents are reallly good too :P I think I'm becoming allergic to culchie accents (which seems really hypocritical, and if I told you that in person you'd see why :P)

I'm beginning to think that I'm really unlikely to actually get with a girl I find suuuper awesome, because any time one comes around I always assume that she's way out of my league and even if she seems interested I immediately reject any idea of trying because I feel like there are so many better guys she could be with, and I'm all like "I can't do that to her! She'd be better off with someone else!" I guess it's kinda my own fault, but y'knowww like!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I'm looking for someone I can trade Pokémon with, if you know what I mean*.

I generally tend to be attracted to kind, funny, optimistic (humorous, non-malicious pessimism can be great too, though) people who are interested in stuff, clever, talented, friendly, and considerate of others. Someone I feel comfortable and excited to be around. Eccentricity is always a plus! As for appearance, I definitely have to reiterate t'Overlord's suggestion - beautiful, bright (in terms of character, I mean, not colour) eyes are so attractive. So are warm smiles, cute hairstyles, and quirky fashion sensibilities. If - regardless of your gender - you have a Victorian era style moustache, I will elope with you.

*What I mean is that I'm missing Escavalier and Karrablast's Pokédex entries, and this is a serious, pressing concern for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I wouldn't get with a girl who smokes.

Other than that, it all depends on the person. Sure looks are good and all, but looks won't help you make a relationship! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Davidius wrote: »
    I don't believe it's possible for two people to speak for a few hours without getting bored or at least losing their voice.
    I've done that before.

But, like I said, I'm talking about an ideal there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I think I'm pretty chuffed with anyone who actually wants me. It sounds kind of silly but isn't that something worth being happy about?

It doesn't sound silly. I used to think like that too. My two serious relationships to date have both been with people who liked me; I'd never have even dared asking either of them out so was delighted at the time that they made the first move! Unfortunately, both ended in exceptionally shítty circumstances where I essentially got fúcked over and blindsided despite not doing anything wrong. So someone liking me isn't enough on its own to win me over anymore. I'm still too chicken to ask people out though. :o

Ultimately I guess what I'm looking for is someone who's honest, straightforward and who won't fúck with my mind. Alas, those qualities are pretty hard to determine. So, on a less serious note, a good taste in music and a nice smile are always crowd pleasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Probably the most important thing would be a similar sense of humor, what's the point of someone who can't make you laugh or get your jokes? Liking the same stuff that I like and caring about stuff I care about is always a plus. Must be a cat person, or at the very least willing to tolerate cats.

Looks wise, pretty is appreciated but not necessary. It'd be nice to find someone I clicked with enough not to care what they looked like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Nice arms. If you've got arms, call me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

A prominent jawline, blue eyes, tall, irreligious, politically incorrect, short hair and an obsession with Harry Potter would be ideal.
    Am I the only person who finds six packs unattractive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I remembered this today, seemed relevant. Prepare to be freaked out.

Hard to say, really. Whether a relationship goes far or ends quickly, the idea is to spend a fair bit of time with each other. I'd have to be comfortable spending time with someone.

I think it'd be hard for me to go out with somebody who was attractive by modern standards. I'd always just feel insecure and lucky to be with them. I'd be far more comfortable with somebody just pretty. They don't have to have a particular hair colour, body shape, weight or height (although tall girls don't seem to be comfortable with shorter guys much so that's probably out).
    A bonus would be for those classical womanly hips I guess but that doesn't really matter. I tend to like the look of most women who I find charming to be around. If they're a nice person, suddenly their features seem very attractive to me. Funny that.

I don't think there's anything specific in personality, though. I guess I'm not good at steering conversation so somebody who takes the lead in conversation would work better for me. I love girls with a sense of humour and I'd rather somebody a little bit sarcastic and not completely chirpy all of the time. I can be pretty glum sometimes so they'd have to put up with that too.

I find that people who aren't too bright are slightly patronising towards me since I do maths. "Oh, you're so smart. I'd love to be able to do that". Maybe I'm just an ingrateful, grumpy person to take such a thing as anything but a compliment but it rubs me up the wrong way for reasons I can't explain.

I'm really not put off by clinginess at all. In fact, I think it's a helpful way of knowing where the relationship stands!

Oh, my, I do go on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think it'd be hard for me to go out with somebody who was attractive by modern standards. I'd always just feel insecure and lucky to be with them.

Been there. Took me a long, long time to get out of that way of thinking. After a while it does stop playing on your mind though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

A pulse.

/foreveralone. :(

In seriousness, I guess a cute smile, eyes and face are up there looks wise... big fan of dark hair ;)

Can't really define personality traits bar the standard GSOH and crap, just really depends on the person.

You know what? I think I'm going to change what I just said to "somebody who wants pretty much the same things in life and has similar values to me".

How did that escape my thoughts for a whole overly long post? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Sense of humour. Errrr.. I'm not really into "omg six pack" sorta thing. More of a "awww so cute" kinda guy (that more than likely makes no sense/makes me sound pedo-ey but if I use the example of my love for Niall Horan, I hope ya can see where I'm coming from here :P).
    taller than me i guess and being able to hold a conversation too. Having an interest in GAA would be nice.

Oh and they've to be a good shift, obvs. OBVIOUSLY. haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

Realistically any girl who is honest and has a sense of humour (theyd need one to go out with me :pac:) would be grand. Two simple qualities but I find myself looking for them again and again :/ yet to find both of them though :(

On top of that any girl with dark red hair, tall and wears glasses would probably be my ideal woman :) Yet to find anyone with all five though :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Sense of humour. Errrr.. I'm not really into "omg six pack" sorta thing. More of a "awww so cute" kinda guy (that more than likely makes no sense/makes me sound pedo-ey but if I use the example of my love for Niall Horan, I hope ya can see where I'm coming from here :P).
    taller than me i guess and being able to hold a conversation too. Having an interest in GAA would be nice.

Oh and they've to be a good shift, obvs. OBVIOUSLY. haha.
    Tick. Tick. Nope. Tick.
    :pac: 3/4 is good enough in my books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Ye I'm more into the cute type of girls, girls i have crushes on tend to be cute types

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Someone who can make me laugh/smile would probably be the main thing. Someone who conversation just flows with instead of being forced and that I could just say the first thing that pops into my head without worrying they'll think I'm a psycho :p. I'm not the greatest at talking to people one on one so this is a big thing for me. I like people who are non judgmental, or at least try to look at things from other people's points of view rather than thinking everything's black and white.

I tend to like tall, strong guys. But really it can vary depending on the person. I could be attracted to 2 completely opposite types of looks. A lot of the time I don't find the same guys attractive my friends do so I guess I don't go the "traditional good looks" type of thing. I don't think I really have a type though, I'm just all over the place :p

Advertisement