Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date fruit

Options
  • 21-01-2012 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Where is the best place in Dublin to buy natural dates? I've seen them in supermarkets like Superquinn and Lidl but they were coated in glucose syrup. Yuck.

I thought this would be the best forum to ask..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Whereabouts in Dublin are you based? I buy them from a fruit and veg shop in Deansgrange, think they're about €2-3 for a bag of pitted dates, no syrup or anything. They're extremely addictive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

cat_dog wrote: »
    Where is the best place in Dublin to buy natural dates? I've seen them in supermarkets like Superquinn and Lidl but they were coated in glucose syrup. Yuck.

I thought this would be the best forum to ask..

I buy the Tesco Wholefoods ones, natural, sometimes people mistake the dates natural stickyness as a coating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

I buy the Tesco Wholefoods ones, natural, sometimes people mistake the dates natural stickyness as a coating.
    That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

small 'ethnic' middle eastern shops should have them. Just tightly packed sticky, no added sugar stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭castlewhite

the best dates for taste are Medjool dates, they will be sold loose(not packed tight or in those little circular packs) in a good fruit and veg shop or a middle eastern shop. They always contain the stone and are the most expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement