Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed with digital sheet music

Options
  • 21-01-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi folks, new to boards.ie but am hoping someone out there might be able to help. I play piano and have tonnes of sheet music that I use to gig with, however wanting to go digital but am really stuck on finding a suitable way to do this. I've an I pad which is too small (a5) so need to source some kind of other touch screen piece of equipment plus there'd are various sprgrammes that operate this kind of thing but no idea which is best. Anyone out there who's already overcome this and happily working away in a digital format? Would be great to her from you. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

hello

I have no idea what you are taking about, what do you want to know?

IF i hade the money, id buy and ipod , upload all the sheet music as.pdf files

and when I want a song id look it up .

now if you want software, there is a programme called smartscore that converts pdfs into midi files.

there is other software on the market also.

if you want to buy digiital sheet music, pianofiles.com and pianosheets.org

let me know

CH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Have you tried using the iPad? I have an iPad 2 and I find it fantastic as a piano player. I didn't think it would be big enough initially but find it great now.

I use musicnotes.com app for anything I have purchased-great to get the copy digitally too.

I also use goodreader for my own PDF music. It is not as smooth as music notes I will admit but not enough for me to need to go looking elsewhere for a different app!

Advertisement