Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Name?

Options
  • 20-01-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Don't know if this is the right place but me and my buddies start an Alt-country band and need a name....here are some ideas, to go along with the 200 other ones we could decide on (My apologies if this is the wrong place to put this)

The Cedar Machines
    Farewell Tuscon Scound
    Blametown and the Beard
    Mr Midas Cedar Folk Club
    Epiphany Essential
    Isle Royale
    Wolves + Hollow
    Ramblin' Farewell
    Sweet Alaska
    Klondike Success Story

Blah...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Timmy and the lords of the underworld??

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭bobbaggio

I'd say this will be moved but...

Haha! Timmy and The Swear Words

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I like "blah"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Bands & Musicians Community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Just "Cedar Machine". Rolls off the tongue, nice number of syllables. Sounds like something Uncle Jesse might have in his hooch still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Stiffler's Mom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Outhouse or something to do with an outhouse .
    Nothing says country like an outhouse.
    Bullet in the outhouse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yee har

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Johnatorium

Dick and the Richard-Heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Bang Gang

• Registered Users Posts: 13 frankmoo

bobbaggio wrote: »
    Don't know if this is the right place but me and my buddies start an Alt-country band and need a name....here are some ideas, to go along with the 200 other ones we could decide on (My apologies if this is the wrong place to put this)

The Cedar Machines
    Farewell Tuscon Scound
    Blametown and the Beard
    Mr Midas Cedar Folk Club
    Epiphany Essential
    Isle Royale
    Wolves + Hollow
    Ramblin' Farewell
    Sweet Alaska
    Klondike Success Story

Blah...
    how bout the kentucky fried chickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

The Cedar Machines/Cedar Machine sounds good.

I also like Blametown and the Beard, and Sweet Alaska.

The more I think about it, I think Blametown and The Beard is great name for an Alt. Country band. Original too. I'd go for that one.

Im making beer out of fruit juice yeast and sugar , prisoners make it in jail.
    Its called inmate brew in the youtube videos. If I had a country band Id called it inmate brew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

frankmoo wrote: »
    how bout the kentucky fried chickens

My Old Kentucky Fried Chickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

The scarecrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

The krusty flaps

• Registered Users Posts: 16 vallsprey

i was in a three piece once .. we were trying to think of a name when the drummer suggested "The Two Dickheads and a Drummer"

vallsprey wrote: »
    i was in a three piece once .. we were trying to think of a name when the drummer suggested "The Two Dickheads and a Drummer"
    Would have suited a fourpiece better i reckon.

Think we are going with THe Cedar Sounds, something simplistic about it.....don't want our name to be better than our music! Like kids in school think of a class name and then forget to practice.....and then everyone involved is disappointed!

Bootsy. wrote: »
    The Cedar Machines/Cedar Machine sounds good.

I also like Blametown and the Beard, and Sweet Alaska.

The more I think about it, I think Blametown and The Beard is great name for an Alt. Country band. Original too. I'd go for that one.

:o we went with The Cedar Sounds.... thanks for the input thought folks, some good ideas there.....not including The Krusty Flaps, haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 reptillia

The Drunken Tumbleweeds

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The Big Bayou Bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Iggy

"Wolves & Hollow" by far the best option there.

It gives off the resonance of a professional band that knows what they're doing rather than another band stringing together some tunes at the back of a pub. This is a personal opinion of course.

When thinking of a name, you have to think of how you're going to brand yourself too. This abstract reference gives you a lot to work with. You can be country and when you want to expand your horizons, the name won't seem ineffective as it would with "Ramblin' Farewell" which is pretty much 'country only'.

Think long term. No good building up a following or a reputation to have it lost once you get sick of a name that "seemed a good idea at the time" and want to change.

Wolves & Hollow is classy and timeless.

Or... There's an alternative way of thinking that you can call it any old ****é and if you appeal to enough people it won't matter what you're called e.g Snow Patrol, Dandy Warhols.

Best of luck in any case :)

Advertisement