Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventure/ multisport races in Belgium??

Options
  • 20-01-2012 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I will soon be moving to Belgium for work reasons and i was wondering if any of ye knew of any races similar to gaelforce, CLEC ... etc taking place over in that neck of the woods.

I have found a good few road races but dont seem to be able to find any multisport stuff. I will be home fairly often and will be doing a few races in Ireland during the year but would also like to get a race or two in over there while i am abroad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

The multisports challenge style races don't really exist much outside Ireland. New Zealand is the only other country I know of that has a similar scene. Adventure racing is more prevalent internationally. Having said that, I've only ever met one Belgian AR team at an adventure race (BART, at the worlds last year, and I was on BRAT, so plenty of room for confusion there). So I would guess that there isn't a huge amount going on. France is a real hotbed of AR (and pretty much every adventure sport) though, and given the ease of travel around mainland Europe it should be no problem to find a few races there which would be easy to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

Cheers for the reply

will have to a have a closer look at france. in any case there is plenty road races to keep me occupied close to where ill be living.

Advertisement