Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri Laois 21/04/2012

Options
  • 11-01-2012 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the date for Tri Laois has been changed from April 7 to Aptil 21. This has been done for club reasons.

Website will be updated soon and i will let you know when registration opens for it.

www.trilaois.ie

Here's a link to last years thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69855488

If you have any question on the race post them here and i'll try to answer them as its my club race !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Entry is open !

https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/local-races.html

New site will go love later today. Hope i see a few faces at it !

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

I am getting an error on your homepage when i select enter the race

Page not found

The requested page "/Entry.html" could not be found.

Sorry the new site is being uploaded at the moment and whouldn't take too long !

All is up ans should be working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 door handles

Hi,just need to know if each member of a relay team needs a triathlon ireland/one day licence?:confused:

• Advertisement

Yes each member does need one for insurance reasons. You will be asked to produce tham at registration the morning of the race.

Any more questions just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭airscotty

door handles & elvis jones - Only 1 member of the relay team needs an OLD or if 1 members of the team holds full/student/junior membership the whole team is also covered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

must try and organise a day off for this, seems a nice race to get back into the swing of things

• Registered Users Posts: 23 door handles

Yes each member does need one for insurance reasons. You will be asked to produce tham at registration the morning of the race.

Any more questions just let me know.
    Hi elvis jones,are you sure of this as airscotty says only one member needs to have one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

Hi elvis jones,are you sure of this as airscotty says only one member needs to have one

Have a look at the FAQ section on the website, only one ODL is needed by a relay team but all the team members must register together.

This will be my 4th TriLaois in a row if I can move things around and do this. One of my favourite races. Good chance my 7 yo will do the junior race if her swim teacher says she can so the 100m comfortably.

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    Have a look at the FAQ section on the website, only one ODL is needed by a relay team but all the team members must register together.

This will be my 4th TriLaois in a row if I can move things around and do this. One of my favourite races. Good chance my 7 yo will do the junior race if her swim teacher says she can so the 100m comfortably.

Hi,

My bad but i've contacted the race director and she says just one.

The race director has run lot of jr races and they are always lots of fun !

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Adrock-aka

Cool. Myself and 5 friends have signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Nenagh out for me now unfortunately so I may give this a whirl as my first tri of the year. Do entries usually sell out?

Ya the last 3 yrs have sold out.

Aaagghhhh I'm out!! Its the same weekend my wife and oldest will be feckin swanning around Zurich so I'm babysitting for the weekend. I tried to persuade my daughter that her first tri in Portlaois would be a better option that a weekend in Switerland but no joy.

MCOS, I see a podium in your near future if you take this one on :)

I'm in for this. It will tick the 'do a sprint you haven't done before' box off my goal list this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Grrrrr. Waiting on my TI license to be renewed before I can sign up.

It has been days now :(

connundrum wrote: »
    Grrrrr. Waiting on my TI license to be renewed before I can sign up.

It has been days now :(

Hey connundrum, I entered without my TI number as I am too waiting on the licence. I think the entry went through the TI website at some stage of the process so just fire away and check that you haven't been charged a one day rate etc... Reminds me that I must check my statement to ensure same

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

I entered this at the start of the week and didn't need/wasn't asked for my TI license number, which i had just received in the post, - i think you just have to present it on the day.

Anyway - i have to get cracking on the pool swimming now - i suppose learning how to do flip turns would be a bonus for this triathlon, i don't knbow what it is but i always end up sideways with them.

You'll need your ti membership with photo id on the day when registering.

I'll have to check but not all pool based tri allow tumble turns.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure TI banned tumble turns last year in pool tris but I could have imagined that......

I do believe your right. 1st I remember of it was at a jr event last yr.

well it would save me from learning how to do them properly, which is no bad thing but it would also slow things down - i suppose the logic must be that there is a lot more potential for collisions if the lanes are full of competitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Hey,don't mean to go off topic here and prob an obvious answers to these
    I've only done open water tri's but not pool based tri's. How does the pool tri work? Do they put certain times on lanes or are swimmers assigned lanes?
    Does it get messy at times with people passing each other out?

clubwelly wrote: »
    Hey,don't mean to go off topic here and prob an obvious answers to these
    I've only done open water tri's but not pool based tri's. How does the pool tri work? Do they put certain times on lanes or are swimmers assigned lanes?
    Does it get messy at times with people passing each other out?

They normally put the slowest in first ( est swim time given when entering ) and go from there. Its 6 per lane and if you catch up with someone you tap them on the leg and they let you past at the end of the length

Signed up today! Didn't cop that my renewal had been processed till now.

I put down 12 mins for the swim, so I'll see how we go :o

connundrum wrote: »
    Signed up today! Didn't cop that my renewal had been processed till now.

I put down 12 mins for the swim, so I'll see how we go :o

You can e mail and change that, you'd be one of the last into the pool and pool swims are slower because of all the others in the lane with you.

Fook, what are people putting down as the faster times? I'll time myself again tonight and see what I'm at.

Average seems 15 to 18 i believe.

• Advertisement

I think i did something similar - i estimated 13 and a half minutes for the swim, this was based on similar times in the open water last year, actually a bit slower - i timed myself at lunchtime there and got just over 17 minutes for a 30 length set at a moderate intensity. I know i'll be a bit faster on the day but not by 3 and a half minutes, certainly not on a maximum of 2 swims a week

Advertisement