Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of interest...

Options
  • 09-01-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Do people here agree or disagree with the below:

394597_10151047340315567_716905566_21697098_1903687685_n.jpg

And do those who agree actually do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benestoria2

I like this one lol..I agree to an extent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Add in people management... it's about right IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Rock has always been synonymous with sex in some way and being in a band is a form of peacocking. I'd say its true for a vast majority of bands. Certainly the ones without talent, and looks, and a girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

Absolutely spot on. And yes, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

thats the plan. getting there slowly but surely.

information is power folks. in fairness it also means getting shekkles together to invest in hardware and software and god knows what else - that can be difficult for most.

but the more you can do yourself the better clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I'd be very surprised if anyone didnt agree with that. I do all that bar the singing and the tax returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kois

Like this one! Agree indeed, although I would have added in 'planning' first.
    Not enough musicians plan and just dive into things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Being a musician in general - No.
    Being a musician in a professional capacity/band- yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

Surely a professional musician would be in more of a position to get other people to do a lot of the support work. I'm all for a DIY approach but generally you get better results when your energy is focused on only a few things. In reality it's a bit naive to expect just one person to do all of this. Maybe a band approach would work but really you're not gonna get very far without some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Surely a professional musician would be in more of a position to get other people to do a lot of the support work. I'm all for a DIY approach but generally you get better results when your energy is focused on only a few things. In reality it's a bit naive to expect just one person to do all of this. Maybe a band approach would work but really you're not gonna get very far without some help.

Chicken/egg situation there. You need money to get people to do it for you and to get the money rolling in, you need to have this stuff done :)

Plenty of stories of people going around for years doing it all themselves before reaping the rewards, selling albums out of the back of their car and suchlike. Ani DiFranco springs to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theinhouseband

yep, fully agree, especially to the last item on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭guitarwrist

Wahey, Its Captain Compliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theinhouseband

Wahey, Its Captain Compliant :)

Honesty is the best policy, especially when you are earning, you pay tax in your day job, no difference in my eyes

Advertisement