Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite survivalism related films

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Anyone else catch 'Blackout' last night? Overly dramatic and mainly London based. It did through up a few relevant issues, but certainly nothing new.

Mrs Tabnabs now understands OPSEC, after me shouting at the numpty prepper. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Haven't seen it yet, but definitely going to give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

Apocolypto directed by mel Gibson does it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Anyone else catch 'Blackout' last night? Overly dramatic and mainly London based. It did through up a few relevant issues, but certainly nothing new.

Mrs Tabnabs now understands OPSEC, after me shouting at the numpty prepper. :D
    Yeah it was more of a backdrop for the Intense Personal Drama. Sometimes I think these shows are doing more harm than good since they make people imagine everyone's going to turn into raging psychos at the first bulb flicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

Yes, I think it's important to remember that raging nutters, running around trying to murder and loot will be the exception to the rule. Most people, IMO, will be in favour of law and order. If need be, in a sitX, group up with neighbours and look after each other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Yeah it was more of a backdrop for the Intense Personal Drama. Sometimes I think these shows are doing more harm than good since they make people imagine everyone's going to turn into raging psychos at the first bulb flicker.

Agreed.

My wife and I lol'd when the preppers wife said "You seem to be happy that the electricity's gone". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Khannie wrote: »
    Agreed.

My wife and I lol'd when the preppers wife said "You seem to be happy that the electricity's gone". :D
    As long as I get to wear leather chaps and a mohawk I'm good. :D

Anyone watched Black Water yet? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Jericho

A TV series that could easily have failed but it worked fantastically

YA .... just started watching it just, watched first 5 episodes, looks great
    post-nuclear attack set-up similar to day after or testament
    there's 30 episodes in two seasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(2006_TV_series)

Got cancelled for not having enough viewers although its highly rated by those that have watched it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2012011/

Scenic Route (2013) saw this on channel 4 alright movie
    just two guys in a car in the desert 1.5 hours 5.8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

fodda wrote: »
    Nobody has mentioned probably the one which started all of the modern day films (filums);)

No Blade Of Grass.........I think there is only me and turbo fingers Grizzly who must be old enough to remember it.

There are a couple of scenes which are class........Family trying to escape the cities which are starving and they are robbed of everything by normal folk at a country road block and the family ask "what kind of people are you" and the reply is "same as you mister, the same as you"............perfect for showing how people will desend to do anything when desperate enough........learn that lesson!!!

i thought the film was ok-ish but the book was great :D

• Advertisement

New post-apocalyptic survival/sci-fi series The 100

"The 100 takes place in the future where people live in orbiting spaceships away from toxic atmosphere of Earth. Due to the nuclear armageddon in 97 years ago that destroyed the earth and its civilization. The government leaders know they must recliam Earth again before its too late. Now, The 100 juvinile delinquents are being sent to Earth to recolonize it and to test whether it’s habitable. For the first time in nearly a century, humans have returned to planet Earth. The teens arrive after a brutal crash landing on a savagely beautiful planet."

Anyone seen it?
    any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

New post-apocalyptic survival/sci-fi series The 100
    Anyone seen it?
    any good?

Haven't watched it myself as in the trailer the cast looked suspiciously pretty for hardened survivors. I'd like to hear from anyone that has though.

I can recommend Snowpiercer. This one was more surviving in post apocalyptic situation than modern survivalist but I enjoyed it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tom75

Touching the Void

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Into the Forest is a 2015 Canadian drama film written and directed by Patricia Rozema
    In the not too distant future, two young women (Ellen Page and Evan Rachel Wood), who live in a remote ancient forest struggle to survive in an isolated country house after a massive, continent-wide power outage. Discovering the world around them is on the brink of an apocalypse and informed only by rumor, the sisters fight intruders, disease, loneliness and starvation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_the_Forest

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

I have yet to watch this but this guy is my hero Richard (Dick) Proenneke - Alone in the Wilderness

Best thing i've watched in ages. what a man r.i.p

Advertisement