Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiddle Player in NY

Options
  • 19-12-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello,

I'll be going over to New York on the third to play a bunch of gigs in Irish Pubs.
    Its mostly Dubliners, Clanceys etc.
    I play guitar and have a banjo player with me but just thought I'd ask....

If there any fiddle players in New York thought would like to meet up and sit in with us for some tunes please get in contact.

We are both 25, first time in NY. Unfortunitly we coulnt offer any pay this would be for fun.
    If your interested please give us a shout.
    Cheers,
    Neil

Ps sorry for the short notice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Hey, i was over there during the summer and spent most of my time trawling through Irish bars. The only place i was that had a great fiddle player was a pub called the Pig and Whistle just off Times Square. as far as I know the duo who played there played every 2 weeks or so in that pub, while also going around other pubs in the city. your best chance is probably to just go around the pubs and ask about in those places. you're bound to find someone :) good luck with it though, you'll make a killing with the audiences in the bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mr. Jones

Thanks very much for that, nice one!
    Happy Christmas

Advertisement