Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Yer Bike - Crazy opening hours.

Options
  • 15-12-2011 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with On Yer Bike on Prospect Hill. They don't seem to be open half of the time. Went there today at half 4, weren't open. Went there three times last week and they weren't open, apart from having every light in the place on.

I was lucky enough to catch them open, two days ago. but that was it. They have no opening hours on the front like they used to. Also, I notice a 'to let' sign on the top that includes the shop, or so it says.

Gf just bought a bike there with a six month warranty, doubt they will be open long enough to hold to that. They told us to come back this evening to collect her bike as she had problems with it. Pretty piss poor service tbh.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When you asked them 'What is the deal with ye' what did they say?
    Did you point out to them they had crazy opening hours ie. open all night and closed most of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly they're about to close or there's some family stuff going on.
    Did you ask about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I didn't. They aren't open now, even though there is an open sign up and they weren't open yesterday. Still waiting to get our bike back :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Had a terrible experience with this shop in the past, so I def won't miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with On Yer Bike on Prospect Hill. They don't seem to be open half of the time. Went there today at half 4, weren't open. Went there three times last week and they weren't open, apart from having every light in the place on.

I was lucky enough to catch them open, two days ago. but that was it. They have no opening hours on the front like they used to. Also, I notice a 'to let' sign on the top that includes the shop, or so it says.

Gf just bought a bike there with a six month warranty, doubt they will be open long enough to hold to that. They told us to come back this evening to collect her bike as she had problems with it. Pretty piss poor service tbh.

normally its a year guarantee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Turns out the owner had a medical emergency so that's why it was closed. The embarrassment when I was told :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The trouble I've had with this company.

Went in on Sunday to get a second hand bike, picked out a nice one and they said to come back the next day to get it (After they fixed it up a little). I come back the next day to find out they've sold it to someone else. Bad enough mistake but they found another suitable bike so they said they'd fix it up and to come in on Wednesday at 3pm.

I arrive at the shop at 3pm to find out it's shut, with people waiting outside to return hire bikes. I call in again this morning to find no work was done on the bike, they said to call back at 5pm to collect it.

Just received a phone call to tell me the suspension is gone on the bike, and that I should have never been told I could buy it.

My patience is gone, after 4 trips up there and multiple mishaps I'll never go there again. A quick google informed me of Westside Cycles, who have better bikes with more included at a cheaper price, so I'll be going there now and in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mccarthy123

Hi
    Derek O'Regan here, owner of On Yer Bike Cycles.

I'd like to apologise sincerly to any customers who have one to the shop and it was closed.

As this is a small bike shop, which I mostly run on my own, there are times when I just simply cant be there.

I hope I haven't caused to much inconvience to these people. These problems are now resolved.

Our winter opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am - 6pm. Saturdays 12pm - 6pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement