Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Louis CK: Live at the Beacon Theater, for $5 direct from Louis

• 13-12-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

I think hes one of the best stand ups alive today so with very little hesitation I bought it last night when i found out about it.
    Its $5 but it works out as €3.90 at the checkout in paypal which is sweet **** all.
    I can't vouch for this show but i'm sure its great, the feedback is great so far.

Info from his site: "No DRM, no regional restrictions, no crap. You can download this file, play it as much as you like, burn it to a DVD, whatever."

He's also done an IAMA on Reddit if anyones interested.

A plea from Louis:
    "To those who might wish to "torrent" this video: look, I don't really get the whole "torrent" thing. I don't know enough about it to judge either way. But I'd just like you to consider this: I made this video extremely easy to use against well-informed advice. I was told that it would be easier to torrent the way I made it, but I chose to do it this way anyway, because I want it to be easy for people to watch and enjoy this video in any way they want without "corporate" restrictions.

Please bear in mind that I am not a company or a corporation. I'm just some guy. I paid for the production and posting of this video with my own money. I would like to be able to post more material to the fans in this way, which makes it cheaper for the buyer and more pleasant for me. So, please help me keep this being a good idea. I can't stop you from torrenting; all I can do is politely ask you to pay your five little dollars, enjoy the video, and let other people find it in the same way.

Sincerely,
    Louis C.K."

Now of course i'm not going to link to it and don't condone it,(i wouldn't download a car now would i?) but since its the internet of course someone uploaded the show to pirate bay.
    xvAjr.jpg

Anyway Louis went on pirate bay and saw this and mentioned it in his IAMA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

What's the verdict on this?

I paid the 5 dollars and downloaded it. Love it. Think it's a lot better than the outtake, which I guess it should be really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Considering it's at least a fiver to see an open mic night in Dublin, less than 4 euro for an hour of Louis CK is great value.

Glad to see he's made a profit from it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

I really enjoyed it and its all original stuff as far as i know.

A bit of an impulse buy, but i definitely don't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

Bought it without a second though cause I absolutely love the man. One of my heroes for the last few years who has failed to disappoint yet or selfishly gotten early-onset alzheimers. Every special he gets better, even with the task of creating his sitcom near singlehandedly it seems.

It's great aswell to see someone actually crack the system and get rid of the middlemen AND manage the money in such a thoughtful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

A few more reasons to like this Louie CK, http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2398001,00.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

I was in tears laughing at this. very funny stuff. He says things that would end others careers... pure joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bought it, loved it. some fantastic material in it, the stuff about this generation being useless whingebags is brilliant

Advertisement