Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

LETS ALL LAUGH AT PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION!!

1273274275276277279»

Comments

  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 53,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gremlinertia


    R11 wrote: »
    Thanks. My doc said nothing about seeing me, maybe he'll ring in a few weeks. Still feel raw and a bit lost, hopeless and a failure. Anyone try those peer group meetings? GROW have one in my area, might go along if it's useful.

    Yes they can indeed be useful, perhaps some counselling to see if you can figure out what's going on with you? Do follow up with your doc in the next few weeks, often meds need to be adjusted to suit the individual or others tried out.


  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 53,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gremlinertia


    Anyway the likelihood is that dose would be adjusted, if needed, first. Yes it can take a few weeks to settle in the system, have you anyone close you are talking to about this?.


  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭ R11


    Yes they can indeed be useful, perhaps some counselling to see if you can figure out what's going on with you? Do follow up with your doc in the next few weeks, often meds need to be adjusted to suit the individual or others tried out.

    Yeh, I've counselling next Tuesday.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ Wayne Jarvis


    R11 wrote: »
    Thanks. My doc said nothing about seeing me, maybe he'll ring in a few weeks. Still feel raw and a bit lost, hopeless and a failure. Anyone try those peer group meetings? GROW have one in my area, might go along if it's useful.
    Give your doctor a call and make an appointment to see them again as a follow up.

    You should attend that GROW meetup too, You won't know if it's useful until you go :)
    Talking to other people about these things is always a good thing to do but if you decide it's not for you then at least you tried and will know that. Do you have family or friends you can talk to about how you are feeling?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Iseedeadpixels


    Having a bad few weeks lately and trying to be positive but it keeps piling on me, no idea how others can cope so well with stress I can only see the negatives when things go bad.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭ R11


    Guy Person wrote: »
    Give your doctor a call and make an appointment to see them again as a follow up.

    You should attend that GROW meetup too, You won't know if it's useful until you go :)
    Talking to other people about these things is always a good thing to do but if you decide it's not for you then at least you tried and will know that. Do you have family or friends you can talk to about how you are feeling?

    Yes, I've told family and 2 friends.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ Wayne Jarvis


    Having a bad few weeks lately and trying to be positive but it keeps piling on me, no idea how others can cope so well with stress I can only see the negatives when things go bad.
    I'm attaching a link for stress coping mechanisms at the end of this post. Have a look at it or google it yourself and find others. Even the simplest things like going for a walk can be helpful. Going outside is always my go to advice when talking to people about these things, some fresh air, daylight and exercise can work wonders. I don't know how I'd cope without my daily walks!
    Have you someone you could meet up with, go for a walk, go for a coffee, lunch etc..?
    I don't know the exact details of your situation obviously but talking to others is another thing I highly recommend to people. Letting negative thought swirl around your head without releasing them is never a good thing to do.



    https://spunout.ie/health/article/pmh-reduce-stress


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Iseedeadpixels


    Guy Person wrote: »
    I'm attaching a link for stress coping mechanisms at the end of this post. Have a look at it or google it yourself and find others. Even the simplest things like going for a walk can be helpful. Going outside is always my go to advice when talking to people about these things, some fresh air, daylight and exercise can work wonders. I don't know how I'd cope without my daily walks!
    Have you someone you could meet up with, go for a walk, go for a coffee, lunch etc..?
    I don't know the exact details of your situation obviously but talking to others is another thing I highly recommend to people. Letting negative thought swirl around your head without releasing them is never a good thing to do.



    https://spunout.ie/health/article/pmh-reduce-stress

    Got good news not long after posting that so Ive perked up a lot :) I'll def check out the link later though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭ RobbingBandit


    Coupled with anxiety disorders depression is a never ending fight once your symptoms begin to alleviate the anxiety kicks in add health or money problems and it's like living in a flimsy house of cards. I ****ing hate thinking the way I do which is complete and total hyper vigilance trying to stay above the dark thoughts and be proactive about the crap I have to deal with while having doors closed at every avenue I try to get support, how dare I be so pessimistic when I bare my soul and ask for help, it's funny sometimes to just stop and think of how a tiny bit of support could have changed things for me but looking like there is nothing bad or even problematic going on is my downfall, hubristic pride is my anchor to this horror story that is my life.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭ ToddyDoody


    You could leave yourself a missed call telling yourself positive affirmations and the like. When you get the urge, listen back to the missed call.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭ Sonics2k


    Hi Sonics2k,

    Please know that you do not have to deal with this on your own.

    We encourage people experiencing difficulties to talk to someone they trust and, if appropriate, to go to their GP. If you need help urgently and outside of GP hours, please go to your nearest A&E department.

    Here at Boards.ie our moderators are not trained to support people experiencing difficulties. There are other organisations better positioned to provide specialised support. These organisations are listed below. We hope that you will follow these up so that you can get the help and support you need.

    If you need immediate help:
    Aware’s Support Line is open 7 days per week, 10am-10pm on 1800 804 848

    The Samaritan’s phone line is open 24/7 on 116 123

    Pieta offer one-to-one, face-to-face support. Click 'Contact us' to find the phone number and opening hours of your nearest branch on their site or email [email protected] for advice on getting an appointment.

    Text about it - text HELLO to 50808 to speak to a Crisis Volunteer in a safe space via text. Service available 24/7.

    If you need non-urgent help:
    Aware have a support email service at [email protected]

    There are some other useful services that you can use also listed here.


  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 34,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Baggly


    Thread reopened.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭ brianregan09


    Not sure if this the right place to post , I have a gp appointment this friday , but last friday and saturday and again today (although not as severe ) i feel like I had an attack of some kind and from doing various tests online and stuff I have a mild form of Anxiety , in you guys expeirience is this something that just comes on ? as in what I mean is i've never had an attack before

    I have cystic fibrosis so have always been a pretty positive person but the whole covid 19 thing has really tested me , not helped by a loved one dipping deeply into all the conspiracy theory rubbish and I don't know feeling like I'm going to lose them , plus a number of other factors could all this have been building up all along

    I'm not looking for advice what to do really as I'm going to the gp's for that I'm just trying to understand it a bit more


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭ RobbingBandit


    Type 2 diabetic with significant compounding complications my anxiety and depressive episodes are through the roof multiplied by being Autistic too it has been very hard for a long time, online tests are often the worst thing you can look at as they can be very one size fits all type questions which can trap you definitely reach out to your gp and CF support team as they will know you personally and can support any stress you are experiencing I am getting my second vacine on Thursday but had appointments cancelled today for support with foot issues steming from my diabetes finding my mind wandering to those dark and dreary thoughts and drifting to a pit of despair these chronic conditions will drag you down and stomp all over you. Try reach out to your support networks and keep positive thoughts as this bastard Covid19 will die off soon and then we can try to resume fighting


Advertisement