Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek Models

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Warp Speed

SA702542.jpg

SA702543.jpg

SA702544.jpg

SA702546.jpg

SA702547.jpg

SA702548.jpg

SA702549.jpg

SA702550.jpg

SA702551.jpg

SA702552.jpg

SA702553.jpg

SA702554.jpg

I'll put a final one up once the decals are done, I'll wait till the madness dies down here though before doing them as they have to be properly alligned etc. Sorry for the blurry images too, camera is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Seems like you've taken some damage or the engineers are slacking again, one of the nacelle isn't lit up ;)

Looks really good, well done.

(I have the same Creative speakers)

Seems like you've taken some damage or the engineers are slacking again, one of the nacelle isn't lit up ;)

Looks really good, well done.

(I have the same Creative speakers)

They only light on the inner sections, havn't you watched the films? :p

Those creative speakers are pretty good!

EnterNow wrote: »
    They only light on the inner sections, havn't you watched the films? :p

Those creative speakers are pretty good!

Learn something new everyday and it's a good reason to start up the blu-ray player :D
    Main reason I thought one was out was I thought all the angles were from the same side, missed an image or two.

The speakers are very good, the 2.1 setup was on sale sometime ago and couldn't resist.

Learn something new everyday and it's a good reason to start up the blu-ray player :D
    Main reason I thought one was out was I thought all the angles were from the same side, missed an image or two.

The speakers are very good, the 2.1 setup was on sale sometime ago and couldn't resist.

Yeah I've a lot of the Starboard Nacelle lighting, not so many of the port. I never noticed, just grabbed a load of pics. Very nice little kits they are, really wished they made more of them. An Excelsior would be the dream.

Yep I've the 2.1's aswell just for the htpc, they do the job nicely :)

• Advertisement

The images are there, just I missed them when looking through, 1, 5 and 6 of the last post show it lit up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

look what the postman delivered today!!

img20120105220630.jpg

img20120105220559.jpg

its the polar lights 1/350 enterprise 1701-A
    gonna add the LED lights myself.

and that little black circle over the bridge is a 2 euro coin!!

ITS HUGE!!

Very nice, I have it myself to make at some stage. I'm a long way off doing it though, it's an absolute beast of a kit & I'll need to develop my airbrush skills to do it justice.

Where did you get it from? Some of the guys on starship modeller have made some seriously cool builds of it.

Some examples:

pol808_11.jpg

1_350-enterprise-a_detail-2.jpg

3432582684_2ff18cfcb0.jpg

This is scratch-built :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Great thread, makes me very jealous! Never realised the NX-01 has port-and-starboard lights, lovely detail.

• Advertisement

Tordelback wrote: »
    Great thread, makes me very jealous! Never realised the NX-01 has port-and-starboard lights, lovely detail.

As in the red & green on the saucer? Yep, the kit normally gives you transparent coloured caps for those, & they use the white light from the interior for the effect. I changed them to actual led's though to make them more pronounced like the screen version.

flynnlives wrote: »
    look what the postman delivered today!!

img20120105220630.jpg

img20120105220559.jpg

its the polar lights 1/350 enterprise 1701-A
    gonna add the LED lights myself.

and that little black circle over the bridge is a 2 euro coin!!

ITS HUGE!!

Have you started this or made any progress with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lda421

Nice job, I loved models as a child, have a kilngon bird of prey (not in great nick unfortunately). Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Warp Speed

SA702542.jpg

SA702543.jpg

SA702544.jpg

SA702546.jpg

SA702547.jpg

SA702548.jpg

SA702549.jpg

SA702550.jpg

SA702551.jpg

SA702552.jpg

SA702553.jpg

SA702554.jpg

I'll put a final one up once the decals are done, I'll wait till the madness dies down here though before doing them as they have to be properly alligned etc. Sorry for the blurry images too, camera is rubbish

Loving that you have DVD's of the outer limits in the background :D

Loving that you have DVD's of the outer limits in the background :D

Why thank you good sir, a must for any sci-fi lover tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

It took a grueling 40secs to build my Galaxy Class.

Xithus wrote: »
    It took a grueling 40secs to build my Galaxy Class.

Nice little model, any details on it? Matchbox?

Just a heads up, there's a Bandai NX-01 on adverts for €60, brand new in box seemingly. Well worth it, these sell for much more online

http://www.adverts.ie/memorabilia/ban-dai-star-trek-enterprise-model/1360440

A final shot before the five of them go into mothballs storage

nzqfqh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

A final shot before the five of them go into mothballs storage

nzqfqh.jpg

The constitution class is a beautiful looking model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Fair play enter, they all look awesome.
    Yoyager looks quite elegant there, the deflector dish makes it stand out imo

Fair play enter, they all look awesome.
    Yoyager looks quite elegant there, the deflector dish makes it stand out imo

Cheers man, they're all really easy to build though. They're pre-painted & no glue is required either, they more or less all clip together. The lighting in them is very easy to wire up too so there's nothing special about them...apart from how bloody nice they are

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

not to scale though, voy is too big and ent-e to small, right?

not to scale though, voy is too big and ent-e to small, right?

They're all 1:850 scale, so the bigger ships obviously will look smaller in comparison to the smaller ones

Very nice work there EnterNow, they look really well done.
    Although tiny in comparison the NX-01 is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Just spent about three hours this morning making the 1701 (well 90% of it). I know it's pre-painted etc but I've never gone near making any sort of model before! Great fun indeed to see it coming together as you make it. Thanks to EnterNow for this thread as I would never have known about this range only for him. Super super quality photos as well. I was coming here to ask about the wiring in the motor but one of the photos cleared things up for me!

How do you know how long to cut the wiring to? You'd think they'd be pre-made wouldn't you?

Those bloody nacelles were hard going and I agree with EnterNow's comment about the connection between them and the secondary hull being flimsy (even though that was the Refit I believe).

Think I'll go looking for the Enterprise E now! :)

VanZan wrote: »
    Just spent about three hours this morning making the 1701 (well 90% of it). I know it's pre-painted etc but I've never gone near making any sort of model before! Great fun indeed to see it coming together as you make it. Thanks to EnterNow for this thread as I would never have known about this range only for him. Super super quality photos as well. I was coming here to ask about the wiring in the motor but one of the photos cleared things up for me!

How do you know how long to cut the wiring to? You'd think they'd be pre-made wouldn't you?

Those bloody nacelles were hard going and I agree with EnterNow's comment about the connection between them and the secondary hull being flimsy (even though that was the Refit I believe).

Think I'll go looking for the Enterprise E now! :)

They really are gorgeous models, & great fun to build because they come together very quickly. I actually didn't cut the wires for the nacelle lighting, so ended up with a fair amount of slack - which in turn became a bit of a nightmare fitting it all into the secondary hull, prob should have cut them!

The Enterprise-E is a cracking one, my fav is prob Voyager though it's much bigger than the rest of the line & has really good detail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Yeah I'm stuck at the moment as I don't have something like a razor blade to do the very short ones for the motor. Enterprise E has been added to my eBay saved searches list! :D I got lucky with this one as I ordered it from Hong Kong and customs didn't cop on! Saved around €40. I was delighted. :)

VanZan wrote: »
    Yeah I'm stuck at the moment as I don't have something like a razor blade to do the very short ones for the motor

Nothing to snip the wires? Bah, use your teeth man! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If anyone spots a polar lights 1:350 Enterprise A for a decent price, do let me know :)

Advertisement