Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any musicians in Cork?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi. I'm looking for some serious musicians to start an original band the influences would be system of a down nirvana audioslave all sorts of rock with good guitar. Level of playing isn't essential don't think ur not good enough cos u can't play all of stairway to heaven. I just need some people who really wanna make a go of writing their own songs I'm based in cork but no matter what side of the country ur on we can sort something out. I play guitar btw and I don't like singing lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tommyalph

Biggest county in Ireland and in still a one man band! I'm writing original songs based on inspiration by stone sour SOAD nirvana and so on but cannot find any more musicians. What's going on cork? You must be there somewhere

You could have a read of this thread and put together a better ad looking for musicians

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tommyalph

You could have a read of this thread and put together a better ad looking for musicians

I have done before following that thread with no result that's why I asked was any1 in cork cos it doesn't seem like it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Duplicate threads merged. Please note that per the charter, duplicate threads are not allowed.

tommyalph wrote: »
    I have done before following that thread with no result that's why I asked was any1 in cork cos it doesn't seem like it

Band Genre: The style of music that the band will play. This is mandatory.
    Band Location: Where the band is located. This will probably relate directly to where the band will jam. This is mandatory.
    Influences: This is related to genre but it will give people an idea of specific influences within the genre. This is optional.
    Positions Available: What musicians are being sought. This is mandatory.
    Desired Age Range: The desired age range of any prospective applicants. This is optional.
    Available Sound Samples: Post a link to any MySpace/YouTube/Bebo etc. examples of what the band has done previously. This is optional.
    Additional Info: Any other information that might be useful e.g. is it a covers band looking to write originals. This is optional.

You did that? Can't find it in your previous post history...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Audio Reaver

hey 21 year old guitarist here.pm me some details about yourself and what you play. i might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭numb3r

hey 19year old guitarist/bassist im into pretty mush anything but mostly grunge/hard rock stuff so send me some more info if you wanna do something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Murrayvox

I'm looking for a guitarist in Cork. Contact Black River Affair on FB. Blues with rock edge. Demos available and gigs set up. If that's not heavy enough I might need guitar in Big Red - rock with blues edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

hey man, ya im a bassist living in cork in the douglas area, im 19 playing bass 6 years just recently left my band cause they were too laid back, looking for a serious band, interested? pm me if you are cause i know i am!

Hmmm...maybe I should have said we're hardly whippersnappers. I'm 32, bass 36, drummer's 40. Strongly doubt a teenager would fit in

• Advertisement

I might be young my friend but i can play, www.youtube.com/4stringsjo some of my covers if your still interested and if age is an issue then fair enough man.

It's not just about the playin man. But anyway, it's a guitarist I'm lookin for, not a bassist. I already have 2 bassists

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Murrayvox wrote: »
    Hmmm...maybe I should have said we're hardly whippersnappers. I'm 32, bass 36, drummer's 40.

You are never too old to rock n roll bud :)

Well said. It's still rock 'n roll, it just takes us a little longer to recover from it ;)

alright man well best of luck and if you hear of any bands in cork lloking for bassists in cork gve me a shout or pm please im finding it really hard to find another after my last band split like last month

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Crazybassplayer

Any recordings of yourself or your songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

Im 29, from Wicklow livin in Cork, Lookin to maybe join/help form a band. I'm a singer, play bit of rhythm, used to be in a rock n roll band in Dublin when i lived up that way, but havent done anything with a band in about 2 years now. Influences Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains....
    PM me if interested.

Advertisement