Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Gym in Arklow

Options
  • 05-12-2011 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried this yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I did for the laugh about a week or so ago. Don't expect a body-burning workout, there is next to no effort needed for any of the equipment, bar the pullup bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Thers lots of this equipment being put into parks all around the country because of the recent round of Sports Capital grants from the Government. Mary McEleese was one of the champions of it in Ireland. Its mainly designed for elderly users and is more about improving flexibility and aerobic fitness. Theres also different regulations about fitness equipment for a gym and for unsupervised areas such as parks so you're never going to get the same workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynner83

hi,

where is the outdoor gym located?

very interested in seeing the equipment.

lynner83 wrote: »
    hi,

Facing onto the the duck pond, across from the leisure centre/skatepark.

More specifically for those unfamiliar with the town, here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Is it not covered in birdshít though PF??

• Advertisement

BadGirl wrote: »
    Is it not covered in birdshít though PF??

Iunno, I had my go not long after it was installed, maybe it is now. Then again, ducks, geese, swans and seagulls tend to have a hard time perching, and crows and pigeons don't tend to be around that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Iunno, I had my go not long after it was installed, maybe it is now. Then again, ducks, geese, swans and seagulls tend to have a hard time perching, and crows and pigeons don't tend to be around that area.

*shudder* toooo many birds..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynner83

lynner83 wrote: »
    hi,

Facing onto the the duck pond, across from the leisure centre/skatepark.

More specifically for those unfamiliar with the town, here.

Thanks a mill, will defo pop over after sum crimbo shopping at bridgewater

Advertisement