Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking365 online makeover thoughts??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

I rang them to rant and they were like, it will be fixed by end of the day,I was like, why was it put up if it is so slow, and why this time of the year too, so bad and a thursday when most folks get paid, totally terrible, never seen anything like it really, what the hell are they up to in that bank, I had a fear this would happen really, so so so bad!!!!!!!! lets hope they fix it by end of today or there will be war!!!!!:rolleyes:

all ideas on fix, maybe they should go back to old site

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Guramoogah

cactus10 wrote: »
    Seemed like a good time to take the survey on their homepage http://www.bankofireland.com/
    That's not loading, either. Has Bank of Ireland ceased trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Muppets the whole lot of them.

We use the Business version which didn't get an upgrade and its very slow today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

25 mins to get to log on screen. It's still loading my details.

Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Waiting an hour to get the login screen. Finally>>> very slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I could earlier this morning, but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 smurf81

It took me ages to log in aswell. Also found that when you press return key after submitting your details, it will not accept your log in, you have to click on the continue button instead

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭sam27

skinsuit wrote: »
    Really, really dreadful "makeover". Apart from the painfully slow time it's taking, Safari is now not supported so no more Iphone usage, statements arent loading, available balances on credit card dont show on main page and the whole thing looks like sh*t! Still no app as expected. Definitely a step backwards for BoI to pre-1999 days which is bizarre to say the least.

Whoever oversaw this project needs to be shot with balls of his own dung.

Agreed totally. Rang up Customer Service and they having problems with new site. I much prefer the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Getting 'Server not found' now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

I am also finding the 365 site slow/unusable, I really hope this is resolved ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Still painfully slow for me. A joke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

AIB's site is fine.
    Ulster Bank's site also fine.

Change banks if having the website slightly unresponsive is the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

10 years they had to think about a planning and deploying this revamp and ... this is the end result. Morons..

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

SteoL wrote: »
    What costs €12?

I think he/she means international transfers cost 12

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mort5000 wrote: »
    AIB's site is fine.
    Ulster Bank's site also fine.

Change banks if having the website slightly unresponsive is the end of the world.

I think you are underplaying in the current problem.

adox wrote: »
    I think you are underplaying in the current problem.

I think you are overplaying it.

The service is available for 198 thousand years (I've heard that exaggeration helps make a point). Then it drops for a day and the world ends.
    If you can't access the site, use an ATM.
    If you can't use an ATM, try phone banking.
    If you can't do that, call the branch.

If you're expecting to get paid on a Thursday, what is the likelihood of you NOT being paid. Is that uncertainty the bank's issue, or your employer's?

If, after all this, you still feel this is a life ending issue, change banks.
    Vote with your feet.
    Complaining on boards.ie will have absolutely no impact on the speed of the site or the turnaround time to a resolution.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

The service is available for 198 thousand years (I've heard that exaggeration helps make a point). Then it drops for a day and the world ends.

If you're expecting to get paid on a Thursday, what is the likelihood of you NOT being paid. Is that uncertainty the bank's issue, or your employer's?

Vote with your feet.
    Complaining on boards.ie will have absolutely no impact on the speed of the site or the turnaround time to a resolution.

HTH

*mort shuffles back to his crappy coding to try and fix the problem*

Magic Pips wrote: »
    *mort shuffles back to his crappy coding to try and fix the problem*

Hahahaha.

I've heard that BOI employees don't have access to boards.ie.

:D

Besides, you should know, it is never the programmer's fault.
    It's the hardware, or the tester, or the manager... or the sun spots.
    But surely never the programmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

HTH
    Not all of BOI customers are in Ireland so we cannot call into a branch etc or vote with our feet.
    They said it should be fixed by end of today, what a load of **** to introduce this and it does not work, even the BOI homepage is crashing because of this, and to top it all, new website looks crappy, old one worked, why fix it if it aint broke!!!!!!

maybe they will have to pull out of this update and put back up old site!!!! we will see eh!!!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Burpleb

Anyone else absolutely enraged with the 'revamp' of BOI online website 365online.com that doesn't even work?!

They made such a hype about it you'd think they'd ensure to only release it, if it is fully functional, earlier on I got in to actually see my accounts now the login page won't even load properly!

What a joke!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

They better sort it or just revert back to old site, I am abroad and rely so much on 365 online, everyday, i cannot just walk into a branch. Morans in the IT department,all the adds etc and this is the result!!!

I rang them and they said end of the day, all we can do is ring them and ask them to sort it ASAP.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please please sort it so its fast like all other banking internet sites!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

the new version is up and it is atrociously slow .. really seriously awful, only thing is it doesn't seem to be doing the "you've been inactive for 5 minutes" routine after 30seconds which did happen on the old system from time to time.

I'm hoping the slowness is because all the BoI online customers are poking the new system today to see what it's like. But if it stays this slow they're going to be seeing a serious increase in folks using the phone or branch instead.

What an appalling effort the new site is - its like going back in time to the dark days of landline dial up!

Took me about 5 minutes just for the log on page to load - and I have a fast broadband connection - when you eventually get on its hard to read the dark blue text on a dark background. DOH!

What moron came up with this? Progress my a*se!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Vote with your feet.

HTH

The world won't end, but this doesn't mean that a company can do a sloppy upgrade and expect to get away with it... boards is a good place to bitch about exactly this type of thing, so I see nothing wrong with the OP's post. Taking out a front page advertisement in a national newspaper would be OTT alright.

People have come to expect these types of services to work properly, if the banks don't want us queuing in their branches (and they don't), then they need to make sure that the alternatives work.

They will probably sort it out over time, but why not get it right the first time - this isn't a widely accessible website - only customers can log in - and they know how many regsitered users they have.

They've been advertising the makeover for a while, so should expect that a high percentage of their regsitered users would log in on day 1 to have a look at the changes - the types of people that use internet banking are the types of people that do that.

So did they not load test it properly?

The questions raised in this thread are valid - why launch on a thursday when people get paid, and lots of people are going to hit the website from their work computers. Would a friday or saturday night not have been more suitable?

From what I've seem, there's no new features, just a fancier front end on the existing services, and marginaly more convenient way of doing transfers.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I agree, it's dog slow and looks awful. Did they load test it at all?
    And how hard is it to right-justify the numeric fields in the summary screen? I'll be passing my feedback back to their phone in banking.

Utter guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

finally got to the log on page
    clicked on "quick transfer", kicked me out

got in again, clicked on money transfer kicked me out

back to the drawing board BOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I took their demo or tour or whatever it was called a while back, to see if there was anything good in it. I watched it through. There was nothing new that I could see other than a lick of paint. No new functions (online budgeting, expenditure classification, etc . . .), just a different look. This could have been done as a minor upgrade, phased over time. Talk about setting themselves up for a fall.

As it happens I *am* moving bank. BoI customer service has been pretty poor on the few occasions that I have needed it over the last few years. I closed my long time BoI visa card and moved to an AIB platinum card which gives me a % back. It's a small %, but it's better than the nothing I get with BoI. After moving the credit card I realised that there was nothing holding me to BoI other than 20+ years inertia and so I evaluated the options. AIB won.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

yeah, hopefully its only teething problems but so far its completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Vote with your feet.

HTH

One reason why people flocked to the english banks was because they were customer friendly and opened on Saturday mornings!

We've bailed them out and the service has NOT improved and been updated since the 1970's.
    A foreign currency cheque is sent to your branch, then to england and then back again - I mean come on!

The reason we complain on boards is to share the crappy experience thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

It does not say much for the ninja coders who created the new website.
    Its probably on shared hosting now as well due to cutbacks.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement

zagmund wrote: »
    I took their demo or tour or whatever it was called a while back, to see if there was anything good in it. I watched it through. There was nothing new that I could see other than a lick of paint. No new functions (online budgeting, expenditure classification, etc . . .), just a different look. This could have been done as a minor upgrade, phased over time. Talk about setting themselves up for a fall.

As it happens I *am* moving bank. BoI customer service has been pretty poor on the few occasions that I have needed it over the last few years. I closed my long time BoI visa card and moved to an AIB platinum card which gives me a % back. It's a small %, but it's better than the nothing I get with BoI. After moving the credit card I realised that there was nothing holding me to BoI other than 20+ years inertia and so I evaluated the options. AIB won.

z

Well done.
    Good call.

Advertisement