Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling VHI?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I see the point (the only point of it) that if i get sick I am covered, but I am in very good health at the moment so I have cancelled it as of this morning.

Veyr little money to waste.
    I will set it back up after 2015's final budget, see where we are then.

Looking into that other health care that was linked before...
    Back up an all.
    http://www.hsf.eu.com/ireland/

Thanks for that link Cookie1977!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭JaneyMacker

I have this funny feeling that now health insurance is going to cost you more money if you get sick, than if you dont have it.
    Strange days.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭JD Dublin

Just a quick question.

My vhi policy is ending this month and renewing on the 1st of Jan, I just can not afford this policy anymore and feel I dont need it as a single 30 year old man. It is paid through my salary each week.

If I ring them tomorrow to cancel what will I be dealing with? Do I have to send in letter, call my salary section etc or is it simply just cancelling the policy and paying up until the 31st of dec?

Any help is very much appreciated!
    Just about to renew there for 2012, and there is a marked increase in the policy - this of all years.

A friend of mine has got a better quote by asking that VHI increase the excess - essentially she will have to pay the first 500 euros per hospital visit.

When I phoned the VHI they know nothing about increasing the excess. If anyone there knows if the excess can be changed, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement