Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juice is no more

Options
  • 30-11-2011 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I just peeped in today where Juice was, on South Great Georges St. and the new restaurant/bar thingy, San Lorenzo, is definitely not veg*n. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Shame - I knew the owner and remember when it first opened back around 1994/5. All that hard work by David and others and now it's gone.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Thanks for the heads up on the replacement restaurant. A shame indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I wasn't a huge fan tbh but it is a great loss to the veggie restaurant scene.

On the bright side, there is a 100% vegan restaurant opening in Dublin in the coming months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ ohhh is there? Any more info? A cafe Inspirial type place would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

dublin really needs a good vegan place. not just a buffet place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

While I hate to see a restaurant close I'm kinda surprised they lasted so long. While the food was always "ok to good" the staff were horrible. They seemed to be hired for their arrogance and self importance. This wasn't just one or two people but a consistant trait over the years.

I'm looking forward to trying this new vegan restaurant.... I iwsh them well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

food was quite bad the last few times tbh. Decided never to go back anyway. Wedges there are lovely though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

It's a pity, I was only there twice but the food was good on both occasions and they had a great value lunch plus the most attentive waiter I've met in Dublin :( Their dinners did not seem good value though.

What's the story with the vegan restaurant?...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

While it's sad to see it close, it has to be said that the food was utterly awful. Can anyone give further info on this new vegan place?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

It's a shame but definitely saw that coming, it was just not well ran at all. Could have easily been so much better, it's a pity coz the 3 course for €15 was a nice idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

mhge wrote: »
    What's the story with the vegan restaurant?...

I hear it will be opening in the new year, no more details yet other than it will be in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Shame indeed.

The only place that used organic vegetables in their juices.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I only noticed Juice being closed last week (shows you how long ago it has been since I popped into this forum).

It is a great shame. While the food was either delicious or just ok the restaurant was very relaxing. I hate the stress of Cornucopia. I put up with it when the place was smaller but now that they have expanded the stress level is worse and I hate going in there. We really need more veggie places in Dublin and in Ireland in general.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I also hate when they have hours left open and don't bother cooking things, so only the stuff you don't want is left...

I like when the music is on in there but it gets fa too packed they need to expand a lot more!

Advertisement