Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile in blessington areas

Options
  • 30-11-2011 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

anyone living in blessington on 3? im thinking of getting one.
    their site claims decent coverage on their map, but that doesnt mean a thing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I advise you to get a PAYG simcard and toss it into a fairly new (< 3 years old) phone to test the signal around your house for yourself. Just because somebody else around you may get a good signal doesn't mean you will. As an example, I get constant full coverage and pretty quick speeds in Arklow, but a friend of mine literally about 100m away from me gets subdialup speed. If at all possible, you should just get a wired connection.

Save yourself from getting locked into a contract without any idea of how good the signal is, you'd just be asking for trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

anyone living in blessington on 3? im thinking of getting one.
    their site claims decent coverage on their map, but that doesnt mean a thing

I live in blessington, and the signal is good, 4 bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Just checking the coverage map and I would say it is pretty accurate. Just keep in mind, when they say "Out and about", they pretty much mean that it will be hit or miss as to whether you get 2G or 3G.

Live in Greystones myself and where the map changes between the light blue / dark blue pretty much coincides with my phone dropping to 2G connections.

Like PseudoFamous said, get a PAYG sim and test it first. My bro lives in Newtown and he never gets 3G in his house (or "out and about" for the most part).

Advertisement