Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registry office

Options
  • 23-11-2011 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

HI
    Just wondering has anybody got married in the registry office wicklow
    Whats it like

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

It's a while back, but I remember it was just a room with a few benches/chairs....not particularly inspiring but we had a lovely ceremony elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Its not great.... I dont know if its changed but we got married there (being very poor at the time).

Its in the health clinic.... enter the door, baby vaccinations on the left, dentist to the right, up the stairs into a small room..... not very romantic.... but we didnt care :o

However since then, the laws have changed and hotels can now apply to host weddings and many do.

in the summer I was at a wedding at the Hunters Hotel. It was 100 times better than the bad old days, I wish that option was available to us at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Got married there, it isn't great but to be honest you're only there for about 15min. Think they do allow you to bring flowers and dress it up if you wish. More options now in that you can get it done in the place you are having the reception if you are going down that route

Advertisement