Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Butchers in North Wicklow?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I have just recently started getting back into eating meat more often and am looking to find a good local butcher, I am based in Bray but will travel locally.

What I want out of a butcher is good quailty and local sourced meat as well as value if possible. Also, I am looking to find some Venison to try?

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I have never used here but it does come highly recommended, try Farrelly's in Delgany. Here is their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

heard Farrelly's being recommended as well, though never been there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I have used the above before and their meat is fantastic IMO! I used to get it delivered to the door, just meant bulk buying but well worth it.

They do have a new store opening in Monstown in the next week or two, see here for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

We buy regularly enough from Farrelly Brothers, and their meat is very good; they are also very cheerful and helpful, which is nice. They buy their meat locally, and have their own abattoir, which is even better, and their prices are fair. I would highly recommend them. Only downside is that they do not do free range pork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Can't beat Joe Doyle's butchers in Kilcoole for bulk buying if you ask me. Dunno about the quality of meat though tbh. It's never really bothered me.
    This weeks offer:
    4 pepper steaks, 6 pork chops, 8 tomato and basil meatballs, 1kg of sausages, 700g round steak mince, 1 spatchcock chicken and 500g of beef stroganof for 30 euro.

You can sign up to their text service and they will text you the weekly specials.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Thanks so much, I think Farrellys is what I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Also Thomas Hayes Butchers in Bray. Fantastic meats selection, and great family butchers. Service and staff are also top.

21 Florence Road, Bray, Co Wicklow

01 2862067

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I have just recently started getting back into eating meat more often and am looking to find a good local butcher, I am based in Bray but will travel locally.

What I want out of a butcher is good quailty and local sourced meat as well as value if possible. Also, I am looking to find some Venison to try?

Any recommendations?
    ohh.it has to be mitchells butchers near the roundabout in kilcoole.my mouth waters every time i go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Primal Dancer

Best butchers I know is Cullens Butchers in Wicklow Town. They have great friendly staff and a great range of products. They have been my butcher for ages. www.cullensbutchers.com i think is their website

Advertisement