Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have good/bad experience at Foregolf?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 anseo!

Were you given the specs from your custom fitting? Did you purchase a driver and 3 wood from Foregolf and how much were they charging for this versus what you could buy the same clubs for elsewhere?

ordered driver and 3 wood allright 425 for driver callaway razr fit and 260 for same 3 wood! bit more than retailers but then again the driver retails at 379 wit just a stock shaft!

was given a sheet at the end with what drivers 3 woods and irons they recommended for me shaft specs included. I wasn't expecting to be given anything after reading the reviews on here, so i just kept asking plenty of questions during the fitting and remembering what i was being told!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Had a fitting with foregolf last week.

Got a sheet with their recommendations on it. Had full details of each club. As above I didn't expect to receive spec sheet at the end of the session.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 harty1888

i got fitted at fore golf last year,i am now in the process of changing all of my clubs.i got fitted for all extra stiff shafts and it just hasn't worked.i recently brought my clubs into my local golf shop and before i could tell him where i got fitted he could tell me,said he had many similar complaints.i've played a lot of golf this year so i've giving them a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

harty1888 wrote: »
    i got fitted at fore golf last year,i am now in the process of changing all of my clubs.i got fitted for all extra stiff shafts and it just hasn't worked.i recently brought my clubs into my local golf shop and before i could tell him where i got fitted he could tell me,said he had many similar complaints.i've played a lot of golf this year so i've giving them a good chance.

Surprising post. What golf shop are you talking abt and do you think it was just an off the cuff sales pitch remark or was there any substance behind it.
    Did you go back to foregolf with your issue, because from what I have read they are more then willing to amend if things don't work out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 harty1888

i'm sure this comes at a price.i have a new set of taylormade burner 2.0 irons stiff shaft on the way,so we'll see how they go.
    i tried my same irons (wilson staff fg) with the s300 shaft and it felt a lot better but it was going to cost at least 50eur a shaft to change so it was cheaper to buy a new set.i didn't but them in the same shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭big_drive

Anyone been to foregolf recently? Have they any if the new models in yet?

Anyone ordered any nice new gear? I like hearing about new stuff even if I can't afford any myself at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

I got a new driver, 3-wood, and 2 hybrid off them back in June as a little treat! All Rocketbalz with various different custom shafts and setups. Also got them to lengthen a couple of wedges that I had bought off the shelf which were too short for me. All going well and no complaints with the service or the end product.

The custom fitting of my wedges has made a big difference to me and I feel a lot more confident with those clubs now. I had been hitting a lot of them fat or thin but not any more! I've added a good few more yards with each of the woods. The new shafts do help to control spin on the ball and so my 'wild' shots are less wild now.

I wouldn't say I'm scoring any better now but that is because I am just not getting out to play or practice as much as I need to. At the end of the day, a bad swing with a great club is still going to be a bad shot!

I got them to reshaft a couple of wedges that I'd bought off the shelf, made a big difference alright.

It's 2 years since I was fitted there. Have dropped 8 shots off handicap in that time. Thinking of going back soon and just going through the bag to see if there are any little adjustments that might help improve further

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

big_drive wrote: »
    I got them to reshaft a couple of wedges that I'd bought off the shelf, made a big difference alright.

It's 2 years since I was fitted there. Have dropped 8 shots off handicap in that time. Thinking of going back soon and just going through the bag to see if there are any little adjustments that might help improve further

8 shots!! That's some improvement, fair play to you!

I wouldn't put it all down to the clubs. I did a lot of good practice in that time, particularly on short game.
    But it's a great confidence to know the club in your hand is ideally suited to you, removes any doubts. Before that I was very bad for buying clubs and changing them if I didnt think they were right. At least now I know a bad shot has nothing to do with the club just me swinging it badly. Also it's costing me less money on constantly looking at buying clubs.

Has anyone here gone back to foregolf a couple of years after first fitting to be fit again? Have the results shown much change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Anyone been to foregolf recently? Have they any if the new models in yet?

Anyone ordered any nice new gear? I like hearing about new stuff even if I can't afford any myself at the moment :)

Am awaiting a set of Titleist AP2s right now after a fitting in Carton. Some interesting suggestions made so will be excited to see if they lead to an improvement. Will be difficult to let go of my beloved Cobra Pro MBs mind you, but I'm hoping it's for the best! Before and after pics below...

1014256.jpg

14_P_1340731390861.jpg

That said, I'm in some serious need of lessons and the new weapons aren't going to solve all my problems. I expect I'll be putting some lucky pro's kids through college this winter :p

The AP2s are a club I've never hit but I've picked them up in a shop and thought they looked very nice. They're a club I'd consider if I was changing. What shaft was recommended for you?

The AP2s are a club I've never hit but I've picked them up in a shop and thought they looked very nice. They're a club I'd consider if I was changing. What shaft was recommended for you?

I hit the ball very low so pretty much everything about the fitting was geared towards achieving a higher ball flight. The recommended shafts were the Dynalites XP, stiff flex, which are obviously lighter than standard s300's.

They're also going to be .25 of an inch shorter than standard which will take adjusting to as I'm 6.1 and have always played irons that were a half inch longer! Hopefully the results at the fitting weren't lying!

That's an interesting one regarding the length if the irons.

Did you get fitted for the woods as well?

That's an interesting one regarding the length if the irons.

Did you get fitted for the woods as well?

Yeah, last year. I'm practically a Titleist staff player now except they don't give me the clubs for free :(

Very impressed with the whole process though, would recommend Carton. Have never gone to Fore golf, but I'm sure they're good as well.

Maybe I might try Carton at some stage, just as a comparison.

Always a nice feeling waiting for new clubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭City boy turned country

How much does it cost to do a fitting in Carton?

How much does it cost to do a fitting in Carton?

55e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Yeah, last year. I'm practically a Titleist staff player now except they don't give me the clubs for free :(

Very impressed with the whole process though, would recommend Carton. Have never gone to Fore golf, but I'm sure they're good as well.

Do you still have to book through a pro or shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sgt_Beaker

Went to FG for a fitting yesterday. I play off 11 and wanted to get new irons, 3 wood and rescue. My old irons were Mizuno cavity backs, can't remember the model and 1'' longer.

They recommended I go another inch longer in the iron and a stiffer shaft with a stiffer tip. No pressure on brand, was shown AP2s,TP Razerbladez, Callaway Razr etc. went for the Titleist AP2.

Went for Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 3 wood and Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 Hybrid. I was shown so many hybrids and 3 woods that I didn't know what brand I was hitting at most times so I just chose the ones that I felt I was striking the best. I am usually a bit of a brand-whore so I don't think I would have chosen these two clubs off a rack.

It was expensive enough ~€1600 but he threw in a Titleist Vokey 56*, restarting of my Vokey 60* and a new bag, which wasn't bad.

In my case, there was no pressure to change my driver as others have mentioned in this forum.

Will post some thoughts/results when I get the clubs. Overall it was a good experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Sgt_Beaker wrote: »
    Went to FG for a fitting yesterday. I play off 11 and wanted to get new irons, 3 wood and rescue. My old irons were Mizuno cavity backs, can't remember the model and 1'' longer.

They recommended I go another inch longer in the iron and a stiffer shaft with a stiffer tip. No pressure on brand, was shown AP2s,TP Razerbladez, Callaway Razr etc. went for the Titleist AP2.

Went for Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 3 wood and Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 Hybrid. I was shown so many hybrids and 3 woods that I didn't know what brand I was hitting at most times so I just chose the ones that I felt I was striking the best. I am usually a bit of a brand-whore so I don't think I would have chosen these two clubs off a rack.

It was expensive enough ~€1600 but he threw in a Titleist Vokey 56*, restarting of my Vokey 60* and a new bag, which wasn't bad.

In my case, there was no pressure to change my driver as others have mentioned in this forum.

Will post some thoughts/results when I get the clubs. Overall it was a good experience.

Sounds like you did ok on the deal. What's shaft did they put in the irons?

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Sounds like you did ok on the deal. What's shaft did they put in the irons?

I think they are TT GS95, so much information to take in on the day. The purchase order has 'lightweight steel x flex' 2'' longer.

3 Wood shaft was Project X Black 6.0
    Rescue shaft was Fujikura Motore F1 80 Stiff

Will confirm iron shafts when I get them.

Edit: The shafts in the irons are True Temper SL X100.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BMClaois

I got fitted in Foregolf three weeks ago, got fitted for Mizuno JPX825 Pros with Nippon 900 shafts. Quality process, he recommended a new rescue club but said my driver and 3 wood were fitting me perfect, quality place.

Got the clubs about 3 weeks ago and the difference is amazing. The irons feel great and launch at a much better angle, my old irons launched too high. I have played 3 rounds, all better than my handicap and shot a 78 in Royal Dublin in the wind last Sunday.
    I would recommend ForeGolf to anyone looking for a new set of clubs.

I've been fitted twice in past 3 years at Foregolf, find it excellent.

Just out of interest has anyone ever been recommended statandard off the shelf clubs?
    I wonder is there always at least one part of the recommendation that means you're restricted to buying direct from Foregolf. I'm not complaining if there is as its a business but would be interesting to see if anyone was advised to get clubs with a stock shaft, length, lie etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I've been fitted twice in past 3 years at Foregolf, find it excellent.

did your swing change dramatically twice in the last 3 years?

I would have assumed that once fitted, you stay fitted?

Fitted first in late 2009 when off 13

Fitted again last October, now playing off 5

Over that period I would have changed my shot shape from a fade to a draw. Also swing speed with driver went from 96 mph to 104 mph.
    So I now have lightweight extra stiff shafts in driver , 5 wood , hybrid and irons. Bought new driver, 5 wood, hybrid. Kept my irons but had them reshafted (dynamic gold SL X100)

Old shafts were stiff in woods and irons (Nippon 950's)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Someday

Not convinced compared to a fitting from a shop for a high handicapper !

One thing I've found beneficial and this is probably a personal thing- if I hit a few bad shots now I know it's me and not the clubs.
    A few years ago if I hit a few bad drives I'd be blaming the club and thinking about buying a new driver. Same with the other clubs. It was a bit of trial and error, plus expensive.
    Now I know I've clubs suited to me and if I hit a bad shot its MY fault!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Sgt_Beaker wrote: »

Out of interest how much did the AP2s cost you - presuming you got 5-PW? Looking at the same myself.

Advertisement