Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have good/bad experience at Foregolf?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

Golfer2205 Fore do have a launch monitor, not sure if it's a Trackman but they def use one, saw all of my data re: swing speed, ball speed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 golfer2205

Golfer2205 Fore do have a launch monitor, not sure if it's a Trackman but they def use one, saw all of my data re: swing speed, ball speed etc.

i don't doubt that they have one, perhaps even a trackman as the price has dropped from $10k for the basic. what i was referring to is that based on comments by people in this thread who had been fitted by them, they had NOT seen any time on a LM or if they were results were not shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭big_drive

I see they have a new tv ad which was on during the masters coverage

golfer2205 wrote: »
    i don't doubt that they have one, perhaps even a trackman as the price has dropped from $10k for the basic. what i was referring to is that based on comments by people in this thread who had been fitted by them, they had NOT seen any time on a LM or if they were results were not shared.

True enough that the results may not have been shared, I only saw mine because I made sure to have a look myself, the fitter didn't make an effort to explain to me what all the data meant which if someone is brand new to custom fitting, they might not necessarily know.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

True enough that the results may not have been shared, I only saw mine because I made sure to have a look myself, the fitter didn't make an effort to explain to me what all the data meant which if someone is brand new to custom fitting, they might not necessarily know.[/Quote]

Nothing was explained to me also,found Foregolf poor as explained earlier in this tread.

• Advertisement

True enough that the results may not have been shared, I only saw mine because I made sure to have a look myself, the fitter didn't make an effort to explain to me what all the data meant which if someone is brand new to custom fitting, they might not necessarily know.

Nothing was explained to me also,found Foregolf poor as explained earlier in this tread.[/QUOTE]

Yes it would be a help to anyone I think if they saw the numbers in the improvement from one club/shaft to the other. Even if they don't know what spin rate/launch angle etc. they need, just the distances might help them in their decision. The chap in Fore just told me that this club/shaft was better but didn't offer the data to back it up until I went and looked myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

golfer2205 wrote: »
    firstly, lets be clear. sergio was never fitted there, anyone who says that clearly doesn't how the tour works. All tmag staff fittings are done at a place called the kingdom in carlsbad or on the tmag tour van. you tube or google both and you will see what i mean. full trackman fitting in both, with masterclub builders. there are some tour pros that go to club builders that are not associted with OEMS, once aain google that and you will see that foregolf are not there. Let me explain, i myself am a fully qualified club builder (its a hobby no more, as i love golf and tinkering) and have had friends on mini/PGA tour as well as the a friend who worked on the titliest tour van. there are services that these guys do that fore golf don't do or at least didn't 6 months ago, hotmelting, wood/hybrid bending, MOI & Grinding.

Remember they won clubmaker of the year NOT clubfitter of the year which are 2 very different things. its the clubfitter of the year that you want.

They are good club builders for sure and the craftmanship is excellent but they don't offer a lot of PURE tour van services as listed above. That said the average golfer doesn't need these with except MOI perhaps. The majority of golfers don't swing consistent enough to benifet from launch montiors, plus the ball (range balls) doesn't really make a massive difference in the hands of a good fitter. i know 3 people recently who were fitted by foregolf and while i will say they seemed to all have the same high end shafts in there woods the fitting from what i seen seemed to have worked well for the people in question.

in summary excellent club builders and good fitters, but not tour van quality club builders.

worth the money..... well that's subjective bit, but 100 euro for a fitting without a trackman or launch montior for me is extremely expensive, especially as the fee is not waived on purchase of clubs or the details of the fitting are not shared. just seems like an expensive demo day to me. their build prices are a little on the pricey side but build quality is excellent. just my 0.02c

I'm tempted to visit them but note your concerns above. Is there anyone else out there that you would recommend who does a better job? I'm 6'4 so standard off the shelf doesn't suit. Got fitted in Golfvision in Swords for my irons about 3 years ago. Has worked quite well for me and now I think I need to get fitted for my wedges and woods. Golfvision were good but its indoors and I would prefer to ball flight myself as well as seeing the result on Trackman

PRAF wrote: »
    I'm tempted to visit them but note your concerns above. Is there anyone else out there that you would recommend who does a better job? I'm 6'4 so standard off the shelf doesn't suit. Got fitted in Golfvision in Swords for my irons about 3 years ago. Has worked quite well for me and now I think I need to get fitted for my wedges and woods. Golfvision were good but its indoors and I would prefer to ball flight myself as well as seeing the result on Trackman

I've been fit in Birr (driver), Carton (irons) and Fore Golf now.

Carton is excellent and the guy there explained each and every detail on the launch monitor to me. Major drawback to my mind is that it's Titleist only so obviously you don't get to try other brands. I think Titleist are aimed at the better golfer so may not suit higher handicappers (I could be completely wrong on this). This suited me at the time as I'm a titleist fan anyhow.

I thought Birr was good at the time but I've found that over time that I've lost confidence in the driver and certainly the day in Fore showed me that the shaft was too whippy for me, which to be honest I thought myself before I went to Fore. This may be due to the fact that I'm just swinging a bit better now.

I suppose I can only offer you a valid opinion on Fore when I've got the clubs and played with them a bit, but so far I think they're superior to Carton because they offer you the variety of brands and I think just a more professional set-up than Birr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

So what do the guys at foregolf say after the fitting session if you ask for your fitting stats? Surely they have to give you them? Paying for a fitting session, you should be allowed buy where ever you please

Tones69 wrote: »
    So what do the guys at foregolf say after the fitting session if you ask for your fitting stats? Surely they have to give you them? Paying for a fitting session, you should be allowed buy where ever you please

From the Fore Golf website:

"Why won't you give me my specifications and let me buy elsewhere?"

"This is a tough one to answer and to be honest and in the past we (and a few customers) have had some terrible trouble with mismatching specifications. We have extremely high expectations and will only sell you clubs built to exact measurements. We have a great fitting system but our real craft and expertise is the in the way our clubs are hand-built. Because we focus on less volume and more quality we can build clubs better than the big golf companies. If your new clubs are not built EXACTLY the way that we spec them to be … you won't get the result you need. It sounds pretty obvious but the only way we can make sure the clubs are perfect for you is to build them ourselves."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

"This is a tough one to answer and to be honest and in the past we (and a few customers) have had some terrible trouble with mismatching specifications. We have extremely high expectations and will only sell you clubs built to exact measurements. We have a great fitting system but our real craft and expertise is the in the way our clubs are hand-built. Because we focus on less volume and more quality we can build clubs better than the big golf companies. If your new clubs are not built EXACTLY the way that we spec them to be … you won't get the result you need. It sounds pretty obvious but the only way we can make sure the clubs are perfect for you is to build them ourselves."

Sorry but thats some loada sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Which is a fair enough business model and a nice way of locking people into buying clubs at foregolf's "customised" price but as stated previoiusly they shouldn't call themselves custom fitters but custom club makers/fabricaters. Also there should be no charge for a custom fitting since it's all part of the custom club making process, what's the point in shelling out for a custom fitting at foregolf if you don't benefit from the fitting by having to buy their clubs?
    Maybe to reduce the effect of time wasters they could have a fee which is then deducted from the cost of your custom clubs upon purchase.

Which is a fair enough business model and a nice way of locking people into buying clubs at foregolf's "customised" price but as stated previoiusly they shouldn't call themselves custom fitters but custom club makers/fabricaters. Also there should be no charge for a custom fitting since it's all part of the custom club making process, what's the point in shelling out for a custom fitting at foregolf if you don't benefit from the fitting by having to buy their clubs?
    Maybe to reduce the effect of time wasters they could have a fee which is then deducted from the cost of your custom clubs upon purchase.

Agree completely that it would be better practice towards the customer to knock the €100 off the price of the clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I got my driver there, the guy I went with got nearly a full set of new clubs. We were happy with the service etc. They wouldn't hear of any reduction to the total cost, nearly 2K in all. I think they are tight. As above posts suggest, unless you buy from them you get absolutely nothing for your fee. Just not good enough. Effectively you are paying them to shop only with them, and then pay full whack, which is a fair whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

I had a fitting for a driver and they didn't push any brand on me, ended up with an R9 supertri with a mad expensive shaft, but it works for me. They are very expensive though and not a cent off. Wouldn't go back as I'm happy with my current equipment.

Also I got a set on R9 irons fitted the old fashioned way and I love them, also got the cost off the irons. This was at the Seve school in the heritage.

Also I got a set on R9 irons fitted the old fashioned way and I love them, also got the cost off the irons. This was at the Seve school in the heritage.

What's the old fashioned way, trial and error? Haven't heard of fittings or equipment purchases from the Seve school in The Heritage before so may look it up.
    Thinking of replacing my 15 year old irons once I get to single figures so looking at possible custom fitting options. Carton House sounds good but I'd like to try TaylorMade and possibly Mizuno also so may instead try some demo days instead first before making a decision. Foregolf certainly does not sound promising from a transparency and value perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

What's the old fashioned way, trial and error? Haven't heard of fittings or equipment purchases from the Seve school in The Heritage before so may look it up.
    Thinking of replacing my 15 year old irons once I get to single figures so looking at possible custom fitting options. Carton House sounds good but I'd like to try TaylorMade and possibly Mizuno also so may instead try some demo days instead first before making a decision. Foregolf certainly does not sound promising from a transparency and value perspective.

The fitting service in the heritage is finished since it went into NAMA!

PRAF wrote: »

hard to say, i mostly fit myself as i have a launch monitor. but there are some good fitters out there. Fore golf are good for sure but extremely expensive for the service they offer.

i would be less worried about viewing flight, if you can get on a trackman thats the way to go assume you swing relatively consistently. if you want to get fitted for wegdes you really need to go outdoors for that i am afraid.

what you really want it someone who will look beyond the stats, angle of attack, transition, tempo etc. thats the key to good fitting. really a Tom Wishon expert fitter is what your are looking for and unfortunately i don't know of any decent ones in ROI.

this is where for me the problem lies highlighted in bold and underlined. i would be more interested in getting a World class fitting. as its no good having a perfectly build club if its incorrect for you. "Exact build" is a misleading world also, as you would need to find out what their tolerances are for build. For example they don't "blue print" clubs which is basically a standard tour van build to the most precise tolerances, just to be clear there can be no a finer build than a "blueprinted" set of irons. they also do not even spine/flo iron shafts. There are plenty of master club-builders around which you can get to "blue print" clubs at less cost of their build, you just need to know where to look!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Have an agenda much?

• Advertisement

[There are plenty of master club-builders around which you can get to "blue print" clubs at less cost of their build, you just need to know where to look![/QUOTE]

Where? Are they in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Are there any fitters in Leinster using Trackman?

Milkers wrote: »
    Are there any fitters in Leinster using Trackman?

Birr Golf Shop/Driving range use Trackman

Have an agenda much?

i have no agenda whatsoever, i have mearly stated the facts. i have not said that they in any way offer a poor service. google the terms i used and you will see what i mean about tour build quality and fitting

[There are plenty of master club-builders around which you can get to "blue print" clubs at less cost of their build, you just need to know where to look!

Where? Are they in ireland?[/QUOTE]

not in Ireland, but there are in UK and Europe. you can also ship to the US for a build. its not as expensive as you think as there are no VAT charges on repairs if memory serves.

before you decide i will say you need to think if you a blueprint or MOI build.

if it was me i would get fitted, decide what you want and shop around. make sure you get your Stats. a good builder can tweak requirements if needed for subflexs etc. Foregolf does this also btw. I also would assume that they have expanded with the move to kileen so they may do more services so you can benchmark the costs depending on what build type you go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 anseo!

well after my first fitting with foregolf i have to say how impressed i was by the whole process. was advised to change my driver and 3 wood as the flex of shaft was to weak for me. my current irons are 6 years old and was told they were performing fine and not to change which surprised me after all they are in the buisness of sales! could only recommend the whole process:)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

good service but way overpriced. waste of money. most shops can do custom fitting and not charge the ridiculous prices fore golf try and charge

anseo! wrote: »
    well after my first fitting with foregolf i have to say how impressed i was by the whole process. was advised to change my driver and 3 wood as the flex of shaft was to weak for me. my current irons are 6 years old and was told they were performing fine and not to change which surprised me after all they are in the buisness of sales! could only recommend the whole process:)

Were you given the specs from your custom fitting? Did you purchase a driver and 3 wood from Foregolf and how much were they charging for this versus what you could buy the same clubs for elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Anyone take the plunge and buy their new wedges? Pricey with them starting from €155 per wedge, I don't know if that includes the €50 30 minute fitting? I'd be interested to see if they are as good as they claim them to be? Not particularly interested in further N Gorey reviews of the wedges.http://foregolf.ie/blog/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

golfguy1 wrote: »
    good service but way overpriced. waste of money. most shops can do custom fitting and not charge the ridiculous prices fore golf try and charge

I wouldn't be a major supporter of Fore personally (although I admire them from a business perspective), but to be fair I don't think it is over priced (and I'm sure many here that have been to Fore will agree), and there is no way you can even begin to compare a custom fitting session in the likes of Fore Golf to any regular golf shop.

Advertisement