Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have good/bad experience at Foregolf?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

The balls are better than the junk they used in the last location but they still aren't great. I'm sure Derek is well aware that this is an issue that he'll need to solve if he's to keep his reputation for service of the highest quality.

At the risk of getting the thread back on track........................

I contacted Foregolf who told me that they've been working with Taylor Made to create a custom designed ball for their business which will be hopefully put into play in 2 weeks time.

So all's well that ends well.

Since they basically share the same range as kileen castle let's hope they both use the new balls or someone's going to have a headache separating the new ones from the old ones!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

golfnut1 wrote: »
    Since they basically share the same range as kileen castle let's hope they both use the new balls or someone's going to have a headache separating the new ones from the old ones!!!

Yes I wondered about that but that would be in the Not My Problem category I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dwolf20

Could anyone give a ball park figure what it would cost at foregolf to get the following:

1) Fitting session for irons and driver
    2) Existing irons (AP2s) reshafted to suit (4-PW)
    3) New driver such as the R11 with shaft to suit

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

dwolf20 wrote: »
    Could anyone give a ball park figure what it would cost at foregolf to get the following:

1) Fitting session for irons and driver
    2) Existing irons (AP2s) reshafted to suit (4-PW)
    3) New driver such as the R11 with shaft to suit

Thanks!

I would say €100 for fitting then €35/club for the irons. The R11s is 389 from Mcguirks so i reckon 450ish from Foregolf

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brians947

When i got done i got irons re-shaftted and if i remember it was around the 30 euro mark. Recently got new Srixon driver that isn't sold in Europe. Was 325. Fitting session is 100 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dwolf20

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Bit of advice needed guys- was due to have a driver fitting at foregolf next week but unfortunately, my whole game has gone to sh*t. Basically not confident in hitting anything at the moment.

So..would it be better to defer the fitting for a month and get a few lessons in the mean time or just go ahead with the fitting regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Bit of advice needed guys- was due to have a driver fitting at foregolf next week but unfortunately, my whole game has gone to sh*t. Basically not confident in hitting anything at the moment.

So..would it be better to defer the fitting for a month and get a few lessons in the mean time or just go ahead with the fitting regardless?

You know the answer . Best to defer in my opinion. You need to be swinging consistently really. Defer it for a few weeks and get the lessons.

Yeah, think your right searay. Just a shame because 3 weeks ago when I made the booking, I was hitting the ball very well. Tis a frustrating game.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

SnowDrifts wrote: »

I wouldn't worry about it. The difference between a good swing and a bad swing is so slight it won't matter.
    Your swing speed is going to be the same no matter what way your swinging it and that is a huge factor.
    What the guys should really be looking for is what exactly goes wrong when it goes bad if your not hitting it good you should have no problem demonstrating that.
    I'd go ahead with it if I were you.

• Advertisement

Cheers golfnut- I'm tempted to just say screw it and go but then again, I think it would be better in the long run to get few lessons and see what adjustments are needed.

At the moment, I'm pushing all shots. I would be afraid then that foregolf would weight a driver to compensate for that and then in a few weeks time when I hopefully sort my swing out, I'd be left with a incorrectly fitted driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Best to wait till your swing is back and consistent. They can only fit you for the swing you have on the day.
    If you are pushing all shots, they may well try to fit you with a driver to compensate.
    A friend of mine had same problem, he had to go back 3 times to get correct driver. His normal swing was not happening for the first 2 fittings and the driver he was fitted for was unsuitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

One thing I would say is that no matter how you're swinging in the weeks beforehand it is very nerve racking stepping up to the mark and getting fit. You're eager to hit the ball well, the lads up there have seen it all before and are great at making you relax and enjoy the hour. For my game it was the best investment I've made

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'd definitely recomment hitting the driving range for a while before attending a fitting, if only to hit a load of wedges or 7 irons, just get some rhythm into swing, so you're not cold arriving there. You'll be more likely to be swinging you're normal swing, and less likely to be nervous. Though nerves shouldn't really come into it, it should be fun and something you look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

I got fitted with Fore Golf last Friday and was impressed with the whole set-up having been fitted for different clubs previously in Birr and Carton. The drawback as I see it with Carton is that it's Titleist only there.

I read one post here saying that they didn't get to see the numbers of what they were doing at Fore. When I was there, there was a screen immediately behind me where I could see all of the data for each shot I hit.

One thing that did unsettle me a little was that the computer told me I hit my old 6-iron 200 yards which I know to be impossible for me. My normal yardage with that club is 165 yards. The computer may have been allowing for roll out etc., I didn't check for that particular shot. In fairness the rest of the numbers it threw out at me seemed realistic to my expectations.

I really went to Fore looking for more accuracy rather than length and that's what they seem to have given me on the day at least, I certainly hit a lot less of my "miss" shot (to the left) with the clubs fore recommended.

I would have to say that it's a fairly frustrating experience time-wise with Fore i.e. 5-6 weeks to get the appointment and then 2-3 weeks to get the clubs, but i suppose it'll all be worth it if I get the results I'm hoping for.

Also saw another post questioning the quality of the balls used, the ones I used were brand new Taylor Made range balls.

Overall I'm happy so far with Fore. To be honest I'd some idea of what I might need before I got to them and I ended up with pretty close to that. I am a big Titleist fan because I just like the look and feel of the clubs so I can't say that they pushed Titleist on me. I hit quite a variety of shafts rather than clubs which to my mind is more important, granted I'm far from an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I got fitted with Fore Golf last Friday and was impressed with the whole set-up having been fitted for different clubs previously in Birr and Carton. The drawback as I see it with Carton is that it's Titleist only there.

I read one post here saying that they didn't get to see the numbers of what they were doing at Fore. When I was there, there was a screen immediately behind me where I could see all of the data for each shot I hit.

One thing that did unsettle me a little was that the computer told me I hit my old 6-iron 200 yards which I know to be impossible for me. My normal yardage with that club is 165 yards. The computer may have been allowing for roll out etc., I didn't check for that particular shot. In fairness the rest of the numbers it threw out at me seemed realistic to my expectations.

I really went to Fore looking for more accuracy rather than length and that's what they seem to have given me on the day at least, I certainly hit a lot less of my "miss" shot (to the left) with the clubs fore recommended.

I would have to say that it's a fairly frustrating experience time-wise with Fore i.e. 5-6 weeks to get the appointment and then 2-3 weeks to get the clubs, but i suppose it'll all be worth it if I get the results I'm hoping for.

Also saw another post questioning the quality of the balls used, the ones I used were brand new Taylor Made range balls.

Overall I'm happy so far with Fore. To be honest I'd some idea of what I might need before I got to them and I ended up with pretty close to that. I am a big Titleist fan because I just like the look and feel of the clubs so I can't say that they pushed Titleist on me. I hit quite a variety of shafts rather than clubs which to my mind is more important, granted I'm far from an expert.

Did they give you a sheet with a printout of your stats so you could shop elsewhere?

What did you end up getting?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I went for a fitting yesterday. It's a few years since I was fitted so just wanted to have a check-up really.
    Currently use 735CM irons with S300 shafts. I was hitting them pretty well but have a tendency to hit them a little low on the face at times. I explained that I don't like to hit my irons too hard and wanted to see if there was something a bit more forgiving (considering I don't play a lot and almost never practice).
    Also, I'm very fussy about aesthetics and hate anything with a thick top edge so was restricting myself a lot in terms of head choice. I was having the most joy with the 712 AP2 with a KBS Tour Stiff shaft. I like the feel and the shaft was responsive whether I was steering it or going after it a bit more.
    I was in no way pressured because it was a case of measuring up the worth of changing at all - I've added them to my wish list and will decide later based on funds etc.

My current driver, an R7 superquad, was as good as anything else I tried unless it was going to be crazy money.

My 3 wood (burner tp, pro launch blue) is a little to unforgiving of a weak swing and has a tendency to slice. I tried a couple of 3 woods and the Aldila R.I.P. 70g shaft stiff seemed to be better for me. A choice of heads with the 910 F or more likely the R11s.

Rescues (burner 07) are fine.

Wanted a wedge with a bit more bounce so looking at a Vokey 56.11 and will reconfigure the bag to make room for this.

Overall a very good experience again and a worthwhile exercise IMO. The difference between the various shaft combinations makes it a sensible decision to try them before committing to any purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I went on March 20th and my R7 superquad driver performed the best too!

Did they give you a sheet with a printout of your stats so you could shop elsewhere?

What did you end up getting?

They gave me a printout of the recommended clubs alright but there was no info on it to do with loft and lie etc. I always intended to buy from Fore anyways so didn't ask for a detailed printout.

Like I said, I'ma big titleist fan so ended up getting D3 driver, 910F 5 wood, AP2's and 2 vokey wedges. Def cost me more than buying elsewhere I think but then I don't know how much extra the custom shafts (Proforce V2 66 in driver, Fujikura speeder 757 in 5 wood, KBS Tour X Flex in irons and wedges) would cost if ordered elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

They gave me a printout of the recommended clubs alright but there was no info on it to do with loft and lie etc. I always intended to buy from Fore anyways so didn't ask for a detailed printout.

Like I said, I'ma big titleist fan so ended up getting D3 driver, 910F 5 wood, AP2's and 2 vokey wedges. Def cost me more than buying elsewhere I think but then I don't know how much extra the custom shafts (Proforce V2 66 in driver, Fujikura speeder 757 in 5 wood, KBS Tour X Flex in irons and wedges) would cost if ordered elsewhere?

You sound like the perfect customer given the view of always intending to buy from Fore golf regardless of the price they charged for the clubs on top of the charge for the custom fitting. How can you know how much extra they cost if you didn't check alternative prices and options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

I did check the difference in price. There is basically one upcharge and it's the shaft. Whatever shaft you're fitted for you pay the cost of that shaft. For me it was €30 more than the stock standard off the shelf club.

You sound like the perfect customer given the view of always intending to buy from Fore golf regardless of the price they charged for the clubs on top of the charge for the custom fitting. How can you know how much extra they cost if you didn't check alternative prices and options.

In fairness, I'm not a complete idiot, I knew how much the stock options of the clubs I was getting were and yes I did pay more than I would for the stock options from McGuirks/Halpenny and the likes. If as one poster says there is a €30 upcharge per club for the shafts then I haven't paid over the odds for them.

I basically didn't care about the cost of the clubs, what's the point in going to a world clubmaker of the year and not getting him to make your clubs? If you're that concerned about cost go buy off the rack and happy hacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭Russman

In If you're that concerned about cost go buy off the rack and happy hacking.

A little OTT, no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Russman wrote: »
    A little OTT, no ?

Yep, but sure he'll need every bit of help if he is to go from 24 to single figures by the end of easter.

Yep, but sure he'll need every bit of help if he is to go from 24 to single figures by the end of easter.

Don't know many 24 handicappers who use X-flex shafts:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

x-Flex make you a real golfer?:P
    Must get me some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

If you're that concerned about cost go buy off the rack and happy hacking.

You were doing well up until here

Whyner wrote: »
    You were doing well up until here

Seems you're not the only one who thinks so. I meant it in the nicest sense of the word, misjudged it obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Don't know many 24 handicappers who use X-flex shafts:p

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 golfer2205

firstly, lets be clear. sergio was never fitted there, anyone who says that clearly doesn't how the tour works. All tmag staff fittings are done at a place called the kingdom in carlsbad or on the tmag tour van. you tube or google both and you will see what i mean. full trackman fitting in both, with masterclub builders. there are some tour pros that go to club builders that are not associted with OEMS, once aain google that and you will see that foregolf are not there. Let me explain, i myself am a fully qualified club builder (its a hobby no more, as i love golf and tinkering) and have had friends on mini/PGA tour as well as the a friend who worked on the titliest tour van. there are services that these guys do that fore golf don't do or at least didn't 6 months ago, hotmelting, wood/hybrid bending, MOI & Grinding.

Remember they won clubmaker of the year NOT clubfitter of the year which are 2 very different things. its the clubfitter of the year that you want.

They are good club builders for sure and the craftmanship is excellent but they don't offer a lot of PURE tour van services as listed above. That said the average golfer doesn't need these with except MOI perhaps. The majority of golfers don't swing consistent enough to benifet from launch montiors, plus the ball (range balls) doesn't really make a massive difference in the hands of a good fitter. i know 3 people recently who were fitted by foregolf and while i will say they seemed to all have the same high end shafts in there woods the fitting from what i seen seemed to have worked well for the people in question.

in summary excellent club builders and good fitters, but not tour van quality club builders.

worth the money..... well that's subjective bit, but 100 euro for a fitting without a trackman or launch montior for me is extremely expensive, especially as the fee is not waived on purchase of clubs or the details of the fitting are not shared. just seems like an expensive demo day to me. their build prices are a little on the pricey side but build quality is excellent. just my 0.02c

Advertisement