Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have good/bad experience at Foregolf?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

gorfield wrote: »
    Thats a pity, one of my clubmates bought new titleist irons there and including the fitting price the price difference from mcguirks custom fitting into a net was a little under 190e. If you have your clubs 4yrs thats 47.50 per year. Possibly worth the investment imho

Yeah I'd agree.
    It's not necessarily the money.
    If foregolf quoted me €190 for a fitting and specs I might go with that
    If they were competitive on the clubs id would probably get the lot from them but paying for a session and not getting my specs unless I buy from them is not a runner for me.
    Anyway good luck with the new sticks regardless where they came from or what the pricing structure was on them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

golfnut1 wrote: »
    Who's accountable? That would be you for being such a fussy git!!!

If you can't understand why I'd like that as an option well I'm not going to bother explaining it to you

LOLLERS! Of course I'm a fussy git, thats why I got fitted in the first place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Hacker111

Getting fitted for a new driver with Derek in 2 weeks...cannot wait.... already got my irons and fairway woods there..top class

So many drivers out there to work with... must say RBZ and new Cleveland especially really look good....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭kyleman

I got fitted about a year ago for fairway woods and irons and love them.Let us know how driver fitting goes,im deifneitly going up to be fitted this month,thanks hacker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭big_drive

Have foregolf started fitting for the taylormade R11s or RBZ yet? Wondering how the results have gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Just wondering...

Would they make mods to my current irons rather than buying new ones?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Yes they would

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Had new shafts put im my irons and driver at Foregolf.Irons ended up a 1/4 inch shorter than standard and after 3 months of playing the worst golf of my life I went to Carton House with a mate to get fitted for Titleist AP2s.Turned out Foregolf fitted me completely wrong as I'm now using 1/2 inch longer than standard irons and playing off 6 handcap.I won't talk about how wrong the shaft they put in my driver was for me.I know they have got awards and things at Foregolf but I personally wouldn't recconend them.

Surprised to hear foregolf making a mistake like that , a rare slip up I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

big_drive wrote: »
    Surprised to hear foregolf making a mistake like that , a rare slip up I'd imagine.

Either that or he works in Carton House

• Advertisement

dines08 wrote: »

Either that or he works in Carton House

Just giving my answer to the OP question.For what it's worth I'd love a job at Carton House.

t
    Had new shafts put im my irons and driver at Foregolf.Irons ended up a 1/4 inch shorter than standard and after 3 months of playing the worst golf of my life I went to Carton House with a mate to get fitted for Titleist AP2s.Turned out Foregolf fitted me completely wrong as I'm now using 1/2 inch longer than standard irons and playing off 6 handcap.I won't talk about how wrong the shaft they put in my driver was for me.I know they have got awards and things at Foregolf but I personally wouldn't recconend them.

I'm amazed TBH....either they mixed numbers up with someone else or something is just not right here..... if they were so wrong and i imagine you paid top dollar for irons/shaft in driver etc why didn't you go back with the other specs and demand your money back??

In hindsight mate I probably should have went back to them.Sold my irons without making a loss. Can I ask you all when you got fitted at Foregolf did Derek show you all the different ball flights and distances and spin rates on the computer screens after a few shots? I was never shown anything.Was just told "trust me this is the club for you" i was new to all this fitting stuff and went with it.At Carton Henry showed me all the specs on the computer screen of how I hit it when I arrived,how I was hitting it when we nearly had the right club and finally when we had the club perfect for me.The difference in my ball flight,spin rates and distance and how many layers of tape I'd need under the grip.Maybe I was just one of the unlucky ones at Foregolf.

In hindsight mate I probably should have went back to them.Sold my irons without making a loss. Can I ask you all when you got fitted at Foregolf did Derek show you all the different ball flights and distances and spin rates on the computer screens after a few shots? I was never shown anything.Was just told "trust me this is the club for you" i was new to all this fitting stuff and went with it.At Carton Henry showed me all the specs on the computer screen of how I hit it when I arrived,how I was hitting it when we nearly had the right club and finally when we had the club perfect for me.The difference in my ball flight,spin rates and distance and how many layers of tape I'd need under the grip.Maybe I was just one of the unlucky ones at Foregolf.

TBH I was there 5 years ago and I don't recall much computer feedback..I'm actually there on saturday for a driver fitting so I'll let u know.....

went today...100% satisfied (apart from my girlie swing speed! No dodgy numbers there:D)...ego battered

You get to see dozens of stats, graphs, visuals of ball flight... they compare all drivers/shafts etc as Derek keeps tweaking...plus ur given 6 pages of info take away to read later on re ur swing... u can see dispersion per club, distance hit to allow you decide whats best...

Final result for me was 19 yrds longer than my existing driver (it was shortened but still massive increase). My massive issue is lack of swing speed

My cousin went too and he was killing it...103 mph avg swing speed.... 265 yrds distance...... 20 mph more than me.....

Have to say whole set up in killeen is absolute top quality, lads are sound, know their stuff with loads of visuals to explain it to the layman......

I'm really not sure where the negative feedback comes from for these guys.

Have foregolf started fitting for the taylormade R11s or RBZ yet? Wondering how the results have gone

I decided on a RBZ, tried a ZStar, new Cleveland Classic but RBZ had solid results and just felt more compact..... head in Classic was a little small and closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mac Man

Find this hard to believe. All business are ran with "customer satisfaction " the number one priority. You should have gone back with your clubs if as you state they were 1/4 inch short and I am 100% sure they would have corrected the " error" if there was one in the first place. 1/4 inch short from Fore Golf. 1/2 inch longer with Carton. I doubt Fore Golf would miss by 3/4 inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Mac Man wrote: »
    Find this hard to believe. All business are ran with "customer satisfaction " the number one priority. You should have gone back with your clubs if as you state they were 1/4 inch short and I am 100% sure they would have corrected the " error" if there was one in the first place. 1/4 inch short from Fore Golf. 1/2 inch longer with Carton. I doubt Fore Golf would miss by 3/4 inch.

+1 - did you make some swing changes in between ?

I have been looking to change my setup recently as I was too upright. With the correct setup, I now think my clubs are too long for me (they were originally lengthened).

I wish I had worked this out before I went and re-gripped everything :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Can someone confirm what type of balls you hit in Foregolf. Are they all the same make. This would be a minimum requirement. Preferably good high quality balls like pro v.
    I would think you would need to be hitting the same ball in fitting as you normally play on the course, esecially for a driver fitting. To be sure the results in the fitting can be translated to course.

AOH77A wrote: »
    Can someone confirm what type of balls you hit in Foregolf. Are they all the same make. This would be a minimum requirement. Preferably good high quality balls like pro v.
    I would think you would need to be hitting the same ball in fitting as you normally play on the course, esecially for a driver fitting. To be sure the results in the fitting can be translated to course.

Why would u need to use a high quality ball?

BTW they are bog standard range balls.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

They use Srixon range balls - but it's not a factor.

You start off hitting your own clubs and then switch to some examples they pick for you. You can see the difference in the ball flight yourself and by looking at the stats on the launch monitor screen. You can also disregard the shots you know weren't good or were bad swings.

When they narrowed down the shaft choices for me, I could clearly see the distance between a good hit with my driver and their choice was significant. The stats on the monitor confirmed it.

With my 3 wood, my shaft was too flexible and you could see it from the shots. When I hit it, it goes a mile but if I'm slightly off, it could go right or left. With the shafts they picked, I probably lost a few yards, but when I mis-hit, it deviated much less. I want a 3 wood I can rely on.

I'm waiting to get the clubs but I left there confident that their choices will give me more consistency.

You would'nt need high quality balls, you are correct. But for driver fitting it would help to be hitting the plays you normally play with.

searay wrote: »
    They use Srixon range balls - but it's not a factor.

You start off hitting your own clubs and then switch to some examples they pick for you. You can see the difference in the ball flight yourself and by looking at the stats on the launch monitor screen. You can also disregard the shots you know weren't good or were bad swings.

When they narrowed down the shaft choices for me, I could clearly see the distance between a good hit with my driver and their choice was significant. The stats on the monitor confirmed it.

With my 3 wood, my shaft was too flexible and you could see it from the shots. When I hit it, it goes a mile but if I'm slightly off, it could go right or left. With the shafts they picked, I probably lost a few yards, but when I mis-hit, it deviated much less. I want a 3 wood I can rely on.

I'm waiting to get the clubs but I left there confident that their choices will give me more consistency.

For a driver fitting the ball will be a factor. Backspin will vary quite a bit between different balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

AOH77A wrote: »
    For a driver fitting the ball will be a factor. Backspin will vary quite a bit between different balls.

Just bring 100 prov's of your own to the fitting... Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

The balls are better than the junk they used in the last location but they still aren't great. I'm sure Derek is well aware that this is an issue that he'll need to solve if he's to keep his reputation for service of the highest quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Benny Cake wrote: »

AOH77A must be quite a skilled golfer if he needs to have backspin on his drives.

Joined board yesterday and posted 3 pointed posts. TROLL ALERT.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfnut1

Benny Cake wrote: »

AOH77A must be quite a skilled golfer if he needs to have backspin on his drives.

"Troll alert" why?
    The guy was asking a valid question. If he is going to get fitted and pay top dollar. If he plays a certain ball he might want to be fitted with that ball. Seems very reasonable to me. Foregolf have a golf ball selector on there web site so if all fits in with what they preach too.
    Cant understand why you would think this is a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

First things first.

Do you have an opinion on everything and think you are more qualified to analyse every aspect of the game, better than a sky sports pundit for example?

If yes then, do you play average or mediocre golf? Have a handicap 16 or above but even struggle to play to that?

Thirdly, do you believe you actually are better than your handicap (convinced you have the potential to play to a low single digit handicap) and the golfing gods are conspiring against me. Such excuses are common place, "I'm currently rebuilding my swing (when in fairness you never had a swing worth fcuk)", "I'm using the wrong shafts, I need the Ron Jeremy XXXX Stiff shafts" or "I need to work on the mental part of my game".

Is you answer to every swing question posted, "Go get a lesson with a pro"?

Is your automatic reflex action to the phase "Custom Fitting" to respond with "Foregolf" (Criteria is: You must never have been to Foregolf but venomously defend their service, which you never have experienced)?

Do you only play with pro v's, because you believe they give you more control around the greens even though your scores/stats/handicap indicate your technique is not good enough to benefit from such a ball and in reality you would be better throwing your money into a fire?

Do you regularly quote stats that would put you in the top 10 on the European/PGA tour?

If you have answered yes to all of the above, you'll fit in well round here ;)

Edit: I forgot this also - You also must be able to drive a ball on average 300yards :)

funny Buster...u must have a lot of time on your hands.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

The balls are better than the junk they used in the last location but they still aren't great. I'm sure Derek is well aware that this is an issue that he'll need to solve if he's to keep his reputation for service of the highest quality.

At the risk of getting the thread back on track........................

I contacted Foregolf who told me that they've been working with Taylor Made to create a custom designed ball for their business which will be hopefully put into play in 2 weeks time.

So all's well that ends well.

Advertisement