Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballysmuttan Bridge

Options
  • 16-11-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Would anyone know if the approach and crossing of Ballysmuttan Bridge from the Blessington side is safe at the moment? Someone suggested to me that it wasn't. I'd need to inform a group who will be approaching from Blessington on Saturday of any possible dangers in taking the route over this bridge. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Last weekend there was apparently a "Road Closed" sign on the Sally Gap road side, but I don't know what the status is now. I don't think the bridge was completely down, just damaged, making it unsafe for vehicular traffic.

Maybe give Wicklow Co Co roads department a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Thanks, Alun, I'll do that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭.243

i drove across it a couple of weeks ago from the blessington side,i think the closure of the roads are for the council to repair the roads either side of the bridge during the daytime

Advertisement