Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

metal fusion training services

Options
  • 10-11-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

was just wondering has anyone done a training corse here? its called metal fusion training services in newbridge. starting mine in january so just wondering what is it like there? also if anyone has any ideas on where to stay. im coming from mayo so need accomidation sunday night untill thursday night for four weeks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GlamLamb

Hi Aragorn, I'm thinking about doing the course with them. Did you do the beginners course with them in January? I wonder what you think and if you'd recommend it. Are you working now or perhaps thinking about heading to Australia? :) Any info would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aragorn 318

hi, yeah i done a biginner to advanced mig corse there in january. have to say honestly it was brilliant, enjoyed every minute. only 6 in the class so you get lots of time with the instuctor, nice friendly enviroment and worth every penny. if you put the effort in you will get the codes you want. im thinking about heading to canada but doing some work in ireland at the moment. im also thinking of going back to newbridge to get my arc and tig welding codes. but as far as work goes, if you even have one or two basic codes you will find it easier to get your foot in the door of the industry and maybe even get on the job training. hope that helps, any other questions, feel free to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GlamLamb

Hi, thanks for your reply. I guess this is a good idea to get some experience first before heading abroad. Can you let me know if it was easy for you to find work - I checked on the internet but there's not much there. As for the course, how many welding bays do they have? Would you recommend doing any type of welding? I just wonder what skills are sought after by employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 trousseau

I just wanted to warn people NOT to waste your money on this place. My husband signed up and paid 2000 to do an advanced pipe welding course here, when he got there it was full of mostly beginners - and no pipe welding all plate. When he tried questioning why he wasn't doing pipe he was told he was being argumentative and they knocked every bit of confidence out of him. He hardly had any TEACHING. It really didn't surprise us that they did no kind of course evaluation as is standard practice on any course in the country - to get feedback. I'm sure the chap above - if only a beginner loved it. But to someone with years working as a welder and already coded to pay for one thing and get another it's a disgrace.

Advertisement