Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Bray opening

Options
  • 09-11-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone any idea when this store is actually due to open?
    Passing by on the bus the last 2 nights it looks like the shelves are pretty much stocked.

There is nothing on the lidl site to say when it is opening.
    And yes I have emailed them to ask when it is due to open.

Cheers,
    Tip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

November 17th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Zhel

Hi does anyone know how to apply in lidl bray ? Pls write back :( thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Tippex wrote: »

I tried there but I can't find if they are looking and there's no advertisement of bray lidl

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The Speed at the Checkouts is very poor sometimes.Very courteous staff.Needs more range i've been going since start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Zhel wrote: »

As far as I know they've already hired people. A friend of mine went for an interview a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

paddyandy wrote: »
    The Speed at the Checkouts is very poor sometimes.Very courteous staff.Needs more range i've been going since start.

The savings they make on staff otherwise used for speed of service and presentation of the shop allows for the cheap pricing of products.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Zhel wrote: »

As far as I know they've already hired people. A friend of mine went for an interview a few weeks ago.

Are they not hiring anymore ?? Did ur friend sent a cv in that shop??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Think they have all the staff as they were training them in other stores last week. The new store should be open this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldVickers

Flyer in the door this evening. Opening 8am next Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Cianos wrote: »
    The savings they make on staff otherwise used for speed of service and presentation of the shop allows for the cheap pricing of products.
    Can't say I've had a problem with staff levels in Lidl or Aldi. Limited product range, and presentation methods is where they make the savings from articles I've read in the past (i.e. they don't waste time stocking shelves, just load up the boxes).

Personally I await Aldi more than another Lidl in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Me too Macy. Looking forward to Aldi coming to Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

paddyandy wrote: »

Slow speed at the checkouts is due to people packing bags there.
    The idea at Lidl and Aldi is that items are put into trolly and then packed into bags at the shelf beyond the checkout. Aldi have notices asking you to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Slow speed at the checkouts is due to people packing bags there.
    The idea at Lidl and Aldi is that items are put into trolly and then packed into bags at the shelf beyond the checkout. Aldi have notices asking you to do this.

This actually drives me a bit nuts. You take the stuff from the shelves to the trolly trolly to checkout checkout to trolly trolly to counter counter to bags bags to trolly... Might not be that bad but I usually have two toddlers with me so can get a bit stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭jack of all

I wouldn't shop in Aldi because of their "bag packing policy", it's hard enough trying to do the weekly grocery shop with kids in tow without loading, unloading, loading, unloading and that's before you've even got the stuff home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Thats the deal, you get cheap product in exchange they give you a d range and ask you to follow their packing procedure. That extra bit of 'hassle' has saved me a load of money. Deal I say!Win win situation, for me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Well I made the mistake of going down there today but Thursday is my shopping day so I thought I would chance it...it was jammers.

My first impression is that it seems a bit cramped for a Lidl, I know it was packed but even so there seemed to be no room in the shop as well or the carpark.

Also,I know its new and the staff are also new but I hope the spirit is soon pulled out of them like other Lidls. They seemed very excitable today and to be honest I don't mind having a chat in my local shops but I go to Lidl to get in and get out as quick as possible with no messing. I know I sound like a wagon saying that but the Lidls are not built to be hanging around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I wouldn't shop in Aldi because of their "bag packing policy", it's hard enough trying to do the weekly grocery shop with kids in tow without loading, unloading, loading, unloading and that's before you've even got the stuff home!
    It's Lidl "policy" as well. For the record, I've never seen a customer told to move on in Aldi or Lidl, even when they are holding up the queue. So it might be more of an "idea" than a "policy"

The new Tesco checkouts are going the same way, with a much shorter run off after the till (e.g. Greystones). So more expensive shopping and no increased experience at the checkout.

For what it's worth I find it no different going to Aldi/Lidl or Tesco/Dunnes with the kids. I don't bag pack until back at the car, and then sure the kids are strapped in their seats...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The simplest way to pack your trolly is to get the empty boxes that are throughout the store, put them into the trolly when it's empty and as you are packing the trolley, when paying, put the stuff into the boxes. You can then lift the boxes straight into you car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

foxy06 wrote: »
    Me too Macy. Looking forward to Aldi coming to Bray

Rumour is they have pulled out. Heitons is back on the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,438 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Pataman wrote: »
    Rumour is they have pulled out. Heitons is back on the market.
    I understand there was also an option on the site next to Power City on the Boghall Road. Or have the local NIMBY's put the scuppers on that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Alun wrote: »
    I understand there was also an option on the site next to Power City on the Boghall Road. Or have the local NIMBY's put the scuppers on that one?
    Well done if they have, I don't need the craziness that's been going on in Lidl the last few days outside my bedroom window, not in my front yard :D

Advertisement