Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the DART in Bray

Options
  • 06-11-2011 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Anybody else here use the DART in Bray to get to matches in Landsdowne Rd?

I normally used travel straight up to Dublin from Cork on the motorway but since I'm now living in Wexford I thought it may be easier to use the DART instead for the play-off match next week.

I'm just wondering, since I have no real knowledge of Bray itself, where exactly in the town is the DART station and where is the best place to park??

Given that I finish work at 4 I probably won't be able to make it to Bray until 5.30 or 6...is this leaving it too late to find parking??

Any risk of clamping or parking tickets??

Hope someone can help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭markest

If you are coming from Wexford, I think you would be better off parking in the Park and Ride in Greystones and getteing the Dart from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Okay thanks for the tip!

Sorry I should re-phrase the question then, where is the DART stn in Graystones and what is the parking situation there?? I've never been in Graystones and have no knowledge of the town really...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

V480 wrote: »
    Okay thanks for the tip!

Sorry I should re-phrase the question then, where is the DART stn in Graystones and what is the parking situation there?? I've never been in Graystones and have no knowledge of the town really...

DART is "broken" just now, only goes to Bray to Botterstown, section between Booterstown and Grand Canel dock is closed due to flood Damage.

DART is "broken" just now, only goes to Bray to Botterstown, section between Booterstown and Grand Canel dock is closed due to flood Damage.

Great! Will it be fixed anytime soon?? What's the best way of getting to Landsdowne then without the DART??

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The Dart is running every 30 minutes from Greystones to Sydney Parade.

Check the website as its due to reopen early this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

It has been announced that the line will reopen tomorrow: http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=1226

While parking might be easier in Greystones the service from Bray is more frequent (Greystones is half hourly, Bray every fifteen minutes).

Niles wrote: »
    It has been announced that the line will reopen tomorrow: http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=1226

While parking might be easier in Greystones the service from Bray is more frequent (Greystones is half hourly, Bray every fifteen minutes).

That's great, thanks for the heads up :)

Whereabouts in Greystones is the station and the park and ride??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

V480 wrote: »
    That's great, thanks for the heads up :)

Whereabouts in Greystones is the station and the park and ride??

The station is at the southern end of Church Rd. There's a map here which you can zoom into to a get a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭markest

The free Park and Ride is 10 yards down the road that leads to Charlesland Golf Club, which is signposted and on the map linked to above.

Great, thanks v much for all the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement