Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted for a Project that will work!?

Options
  • 30-10-2011 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi to you all.

I am posting this thread to Musicians who may be Interested in working on an Upcoming Project.
    I am looking to pull in 3 to 4 Musicians to work alongside me with some songs & Melodies that i have put together over the last 6 or so weeks.
    I am a Young Passionate Singer/Songwriter based in Ballsbridge in Dublin.
    I am also a genuine guy who won't let you down!
    I played some of my Solo Material at Electric Picnic 2011 @ The Mindfield.

What Musicians am i Looking for??

For the ideas i have to date i would be looking for musicians who play any of the following: Acoustic Guitar/Bass Guitar/Drums (Percussionist)/Banjo Player/Piano (Keybords & Synth would be good too)

What about the Project??

The Project would entail getting Musicians who play any of the above together who have time on their side, and practically put music first in all cases (Though Second to family :D )
    NO Time wasters!
    I am a Passionate Musician with Great Ambition & Drive and would Love to bring something new to the front Musically!

I would hope to get a gang of 3 to 4 (Excl Myself) together and to share ideas regarding my Music (or even your own)
    I Would be the lead Vocalist so if you by chance have a problem with Backing Vocals, The Project won't suit - But all the better if you happen to be happy with backing vocals, though input and ideas would always be valuable!

Please read my Mixed bag of Influences at the bottom of the thread to get a further idea if this project is, or is Not for you.

For now, The Project would be about building Strong Foundations for the project to work and let's say been discovered in 2012.
    For Now, It would also be about building up on joint ideas and rehearsals and building a good chemistry among the group as a whole.
    This would NOT be a money maker this side of the new year (It's about the Music for now) Though the New year would involve a line up of gigs in February/March with a Possible recording date and E.P. Launch with gigs in the Dublin area and Neighbouring towns & Counties (Kildare,Meath, Westmeath)

It would also involve a "Support" slot at a Live gig in Renowned Dublin Music Venue Whelan's on Wexford Street, Dublin in Mid December. (Date & Main act will be discussed at later date)

This would be a band/unit and we would all be in it together with no Kings or Queens.
    Age & Sex are NOT essential!

My Influences would be VERY Mixed and Eclectic - The Smiths, The Pogues, E.L.O. David Bowie, The Cranberries, The Jam, The Cure, Lou Reed, Procol Harum, The Pet Shop Boys, The Dubliners, OMD, Billy Bragg, The Clash, Elvis ****in' Presley, PJ Harvey, Christy Moore, Bob Dylan, Joy Division, Depeche Mode, Noel Gallagher, Sinéad O'Connor, Early Bee Gees, Late Beatles, Kate Bush, Simon & Garfunkel, The Kinks - And the song goes on!

I will finish by saying that i chose to run this project as i have been approached about my ideas and have been advised to take it to a bigger stage with a number of Dedicated Musicians.
    I also have good contacts with reliant personnel from the music Industry.

If you're Interested, Drop a Private Mail and i'll be grateful to get back to you with further details.

Thanks for your Time - L'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Jamie_hogan

hey man, sounds interesting! drop me a pm and we'll have a chat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭salfordlad

Have numerous musicians Interested so far - Keep them coming!
    Always looking to hear from other ambitious folk..

N/B* Banjo vacancy IS Filled!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

hey i would really be interested!

drop me a pm

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

Would you have any interest in a bluegrass mandolinist who would love to not play only bluegrass?

• Advertisement

PM'd Gnr2206 & deaddonkey......
    Any Piano-men??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 philthehorse

You sound the right kind of person ; what a pity you Don't want a fiddle/violin player.

P

PM'd Philthehorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 larss

Interesting..

• Advertisement

Bump.

Thanks for the Interest guys.. Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Hey man, this sounds cool! I'm a drummer interested in this if you haven't found one! Have you any links to your music? Send me a pm sure when you see this!

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 yogimilo

Pm sent (Dnt understand Boards code)

Fiddle/Violin player still needed/wanted... Also, all other Instrumentalists send a message too.... Thank you.
    Bump!

This project has been fulfilled so far with Acoustic Guitar/Mandolin/Percussion and Piano (in places)..... I am still holding out for an Experienced Banjo player and a Violin/Fiddle player.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dani21

if you need an electric player i would be more than willing to help.i can keep it clean and finger pick,or chicken pick...would sound great!!...im 21 with own transport and professional gear .let me know anyway .im available..

Dan

Bump! (Violin/Fiddle/Banjo STILL Wanted)
    Thank you.

Bump!

• Advertisement
Advertisement