Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GIS TRAINING ADVICE

Options
  • 27-10-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,

First post within this forum! I have seen the light in relation to GIS capabilities and would like to try and become proficient in using it for various applications. I would just like to hear how people got trained. Was it:

a. Self taught--- lots of GIS for dummies and youtube tutorials
    b. MSc/Postgrad Dip/undergrad etc specific course or part-of
    c. CPD through work or hands on in work

I hope to apply for a Msc in GIS next year but would like to maybe get some hands on first. Have looked at 2-day courses provided by some companies here in Ireland (costly). So any feed back or recommendations would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement