Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Use airsoft gear as haloween costume?

• 26-10-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭ arleitiss

Hey, was wondering is it ok to use airsoft gear (goggles, helmet, balaclava, gloves, camo clothes) as dress up for haloween? I mean it makes look like some kind of guy from games or soldier. Leaving weapons at home obviously. Just clothes itself. My camo is U.S so I don't think I could get in trouble of having camo that's IE. So what you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭ Osmosis Jones

Sure as long as you leave the RIF's at home you'll be fine, they're just normal clothes after all, they cant cause any damage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭ Bobby Baccala

And what age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 NakedDex

Why on Earth would age come into it?

No harm in using the gear, minus the guns/grenades etc. Most of us have done it at some point.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Why on Earth would age come into it?

No harm in using the gear, minus the guns/grenades etc. Most of us have done it at some point.

Theres nothing wrong with wearing it going skirmishing or at an exhibition but it's a little bit strange
    walking around on halloween in full military gear when your an adult.
    Thats why I ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭ arleitiss

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Theres nothing wrong with wearing it going skirmishing or at an exhibition but it's a little bit strange
    Thats why I ask.

I am 18. And I am in my first year of college.

• Advertisement

I suppose it would be grand then.
    Just dont bring the guns with you man you dont want to be the one to get airsoft banned and have us lot after you :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ gerarda

Im in my late 30's and wore my full gear (minus AEG of course) last Halloween in Dublin City centre. Had a great night and will be doing the same this weekend.

I suppose it would be grand then.
    Just dont bring the guns with you man you dont want to be the one to get airsoft banned and have us lot after you :D:D

Hah yeah. But I think Airsoft ban is best case scenario, worst case scenario is like what? 5 years in prison I forgot :D

gerarda wrote: »
    Im in my late 30's and wore my full gear (minus AEG of course) last Halloween in Dublin City centre. Had a great night and will be doing the same this weekend.

Oh right i didn't realise lads did that.
    Sounds like a laugh i just wouldn't be into it myself.

Thats why I ask.

Really? People are going to think you're strange for wearing DPM's or Multicam while you're standing in a room of zombies, Smurfs, movie characters and superheroes?

• Advertisement

Really? People are going to think you're strange for wearing DPM's or Multicam while you're standing in a room of zombies, Smurfs, movie characters and superheroes?

Who said anything about smurfs?
    Where is this going?
    By exhibition I meant like a military or airsoft exhibition i think you took it in a completely different way.:):)

Where is this going?
    By exhibition I meant like a military or airsoft exhibition i think you took it in a completely different way.:):)
    UUm, actually what a coincidence, my classmates are painting themselves blue and going as smurfs :L

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭ Witcher

Imagine it..having some guy dressed as Superman, full of Tuborg and with his belly hanging out over his tights looking down his nose at you for wearing camouflage:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭ whydave

whydave wrote: »
    Listen to Wilfred! Stay safe, stay responsibly and stay respectfully this Halloween. Please remind everyone to NOT BRANDISH an Airsoft gun in public for any reasons. Halloween doesn't make it legal. Taking your Airsoft gun out in the public thinking "It is okay because it is Halloween " IS NOT COOL''

what he said !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭ Leftyflip

Blay wrote: »
    Imagine it..having some guy dressed as Superman, full of Tuborg and with his belly hanging out over his tights looking down his nose at you for wearing camouflage:pac:

Uurrrrghhhh *shakes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ goblin59

i would not recommend wearing a balaclava in public with the uniform or a beret or your goggles.

(the goggles would plain fog up while the balaclava would just invite unwanted trouble, same possibly with the beret)

The uniform itself so long as it isn't irish camo should be ok, i dressed up last year in my american woodland camo.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Uurrrrghhhh *shakes*

Shuddering eh?

Batman is dissapoint...

Batman-Shirtless-Fat.jpg

goblin59 wrote: »
    i would not recommend wearing a balaclava in public with the uniform or a beret or your goggles.

(the goggles would plain fog up while the balaclava would just invite unwanted trouble, same possibly with the beret)

The uniform itself so long as it isn't irish camo should be ok, i dressed up last year in my american woodland camo.

I got anti fogging glasses, they dont fog up. But well I have 2 balaclavas, 1 is skull textured and another plain black. So i guess skull textured will cause less attention.

Where is this going?
    Halloween. You know, the topic? Nobody mentioned exhibition but you.
    It's Halloween. The majority of people will be in costume, regardless of age. In fact, given it's a Monday, a sizeable number of adults will be found in the towns and cities of this country all weekend in theatrical garb of some description. Frankly, if you're in a pub in Dublin city on Saturday/Monday night and you're not in costume, you're going to be the strange looking one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 Inari

The only concern to airsoft here is RIF's. Don't worry about anything less. Seriously.

2 years ago I was a Musketeer...and I wasn't whisked away for conspiring against the cardinal. Halloween involves dressing up - so enjoy dressing up as whatever you please, but remember that legalities haven't changed; no offensive weapons, no public brandishing of RIF's, no Irish DPM etc...the usuals.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,765 ✭✭✭ Stercus Accidit

By all means wear the gear (lazy costume!) but don't bring a gun IMO (Not directed at OP). The costume is as well without one, it will only draw drunken attention/protests/messers and I knew a lad that lost a GBB in a night club (eejit).

I just remembered I have NO costume, I guess I'll be done to the local MIL-SURP place to find one!

well fellas this is the Camo I got:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/160628342316?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

It says it's U.S. Is it really? Anyone who knows this stuff can confirm it?

Yeah it's US M81 pattern. They used it before the change to UCP.

Yeah it's US M81 pattern. They used it before the change to UCP.
    Alright thanks, should be safe then.But does the Garda really know difference? I mean like they 100% know what Irish looks like?

arleitiss wrote: »
    Alright thanks, should be safe then.But does the Garda really know difference? I mean like they 100% know what Irish looks like?

Probably not but they're not gonna pull up every person they see wearing camouflage to check it. I think they'll have bigger fish to fry on a Halloween night than checking camo.

Probably not but they're not gonna pull up every person they see wearing camouflage to check it. I think they'll have bigger fish to fry on a Halloween night than checking camo.
    :D yeah I suppose

Halloween. You know, the topic? Nobody mentioned exhibition but you.
    It's Halloween. The majority of people will be in costume, regardless of age. In fact, given it's a Monday, a sizeable number of adults will be found in the towns and cities of this country all weekend in theatrical garb of some description. Frankly, if you're in a pub in Dublin city on Saturday/Monday night and you're not in costume, you're going to be the strange looking one.

I'm not here for an argument just drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ Nuke1973

I was told by both an MP and aserving legal officer that it's not the Irish DPM pattern that's a problem, only if it's DF issued is all. If it doesn't have the FF stamped on it then it's fine.

Although they also told me that if they saw you in it they would strip search you to check it.

PS: I do not have Irish DPM nor am I suggesting you wear it.

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    I was told by both an MP and aserving legal officer that it's not the Irish DPM pattern that's a problem, only if it's DF issued is all. If it doesn't have the FF stamped on it then it's fine.

Although they also told me that if they saw you in it they would strip search you to check it.

PS: I do not have Irish DPM nor am I suggesting you wear it.

There's no other type of Irish DPM other than that issued by the DF, they own the pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭ Growler!!!

Nuke1973 wrote: »

You were told lies. There is no FF stamped on the DPM uniform.
    They may have been confused with the old PDF issued Greens. The Combat uniform was stamped but the Barracks uniform was not.

Advertisement