Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can any bands help me?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

All right lads so I'm in a band we're based in Dublin/Kildare and we've two gigs coming up, but they're in small local places and they're acoustic gigs, but we're an alternative rock band so our electric **** sounds so much better and i'm having trouble knowing where to even look for a gig. Any bands have any suggestions or give any advice on where to look for gigs and how to go about it? thanks lads.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Bands & Musicians

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Try Live and Unsigned Dublin, they run a regular enough band competition. You only get around 20 minutes but you will play to a decent crowd in the Pint and there's a chance at winning a days recording at each gig.
    I'll pm you the guy's e-mail address.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thejigsaw

Live and unsigned gave us our first gig too and we won some studio time because of it. Sound guys. Other than that you can try sending your stuff to promoters, Im convinced they dont even look at the mails though. Have you got a link to your band?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

look for other Irish bands you like on the local scene, and see where they play. then contact those venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Johnatorium

Get in touch with other Irish bands and look for gig-swap opportunities. Approach venues about putting your own small nights on....tell them you'll bring 20-30 people or whatever, in for a nights drinking on the likes of a monday or tuesday. Get another band involved and try get them to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 3_BlueSteelz

yeah we have a facebook page it's http://facebook.com/paradeofthealmost but we havent any professional recordings dont yet or anything but i've been told we're really good live, I managed to get two other gigs but not in Dublin yet, which i'd say there is a bigger crowd there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭billybenner

Ya Live and Unsigned Dublin is the best one to contact for anyone looking for gigs good prizes 2 for the best band on the night , email them at liveandunsigneddublin@gmail.com or www.facebook.com/liveandunsigneddublin

Advertisement