Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Filthy atheists stealing our Christmas

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

ninja900 wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO ;)

Xena is taking her mount next weekend. ;)

Sarky wrote: »
    Why would you place her on top of such an obvious phallus?

Who said it is phallus shaped?

Amazing what one can do with a good pruning knife....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

We got our first ever real tree today. Since we've only ever had a 3' tree before we don't have any decorations for a 6 footer. There was a disagreement about baubles in the shop (he actually wanted to go with a blue, pink, and silver theme) which led to a decision to leave off purchasing any till we'd a chance to go to another shop.

When we got home we started looking for my traditional turkey tree topper. We couldn't find it, but we did find a pile of figurines that had been packed away and, throwing all thoughts of being a grown up going out the window, we decorated the tree with Doctor Who, Spock, and Ghibli figurines. At the top is the Sorceress of Greyskull (because she has wings), but we're debating taking the point out and putting Totoro sitting up there because he's a better size.

The day started with me saying "Can we not just have some class?" and ended with me saying "Absolutely, Spock has to go on the tree!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

wrote:
    Bannasidhe
    Xena is taking her mount next weekend. ;)

Originally Posted by Sarky
    Why would you place her on top of such an obvious phallus?

Bannasidhe
    Who said it is phallus shaped?

Amazing what one can do with a good pruning knife ...
    ... ooch!!! ... Freud would have a 'field day' with you guys!!!:)

Happy Christmas!!!!:):D

I'm glad you like Him J C. Of course it's not Him, just a representation of Him, no-one has seen Him.
    Once I get the constitution amended, it will be recognised that due homage shall be accorded to Him and He shall have a 'special position' - on top of everyone's yuletide tree - by law!
    I'm so exicited.

283630.jpg

He seems to have lost his spaghetti dimension ... and is now all tinsel and balls!!!:D:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

@ Kylith: That sounds class! My kind of class :D

My ongoing decor "theme" is

1. if it does not take the eye out of your head with the brightness/glitter/shine, take it down

2. if it does not clash wildly with it's neighbour, it's in the wrong place

3. The tree must repell all feline summit attempts.

(not as easy to achieve as it sounds. NOBODY does trashy like me. I'm very fussy.)

Pics!

image1_zpsf1826f73.jpg

image_zpsb935fb53.jpg

And herself on the top

image2_zpscba767e7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

J C wrote: »
    283630.jpg

He seems to have lost his spaghetti dimension ... and is now all tinsel and balls!!!:D:confused:
    As soon as the photons from the image of Him hit your retinas, they transform into the body and bowl of Him. As you view every single image of The Noodlesome One, you are touching Him, with your eyes. He's ok with that, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

kylith wrote: »
    The day started with me saying "Can we not just have some class?" and ended with me saying "Absolutely, Spock has to go on the tree!"

Spock makes everything classier. Example: Civ 4 had Spock in it, work of genius; Civ 5 forgot Spock, massive failure.

Gordon wrote: »
    As soon as the photons from the image of Him hit your retinas, they transform into the body and bowl of Him. As you view every single image of The Noodlesome One, you are touching Him, with your eyes. He's ok with that, though.
    Like I have said, he seems to have lost his spaghetti dimension ... and he is now only tinsel and a great load of balls!!!:P;)

• Advertisement

Pics!

image1_zpsf1826f73.jpg

... are they 'reindeer harness' on the back of your door???:):p;)

And herself on the top
    That's the place for 'her' allright.;):eek:

... are they 'reindeer harness' on the back of your door???:):p;)
    Yep. Small, noisy reindeer.

That's the place for 'her' allright.;):eek:

Best place for her! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Like I have said, he seems to have lost his spaghetti dimension ... and he is now only tinsel and a great load of balls!!!:P;)
    Like I have said, as soon as the photons from the image of Him hit your retinas, they transform into the body and bowl of Him. As you view every single image of The Noodlesome One, you are touching Him, with your eyes. He's ok with that, though. :D;):p:):confused: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

He obviously can't appear to you in His full noodly glory. If you were to see Him you would die instantly because your puny human mind cannot comprehend the sheer noodly awesomeness of Him. He recognising this and chooses to project a simpler, human friendly version of Himself.

This is pretty basic stuff JC. You really should know better.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<adds 'religion' to ever-growing list of things J C somehow doesn't understand>

Sarky wrote: »
    <adds 'religion' to ever-growing list of things J C somehow doesn't understand>
    ... I'm not really into 'religion' (of any variety) ... I have a Saving Faith in Jesus Christ ... whose birth is being celebrated on the 25th of this month in these here parts ... and on the 6th January further east!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

... I'm not really into 'religion' (of any variety) ... I have a Saving Faith in Jesus Christ ... whose birth is being celebrated on the 25th of this month in these here parts ... and on the 6th January further east!!!:D

That's a different Jesus - he has a bigger beard and more of a tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

MrPudding wrote: »

MrP

Go easy on poor JC, he doesn't even understand his own personal mythology never mind everybody elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Nodin wrote: »
    That's a different Jesus - he has a bigger beard and more of a tan.

As long as we all agree that under that tan he is still white.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ShooterSF wrote: »
    As long as we all agree that under that tan he is still white.

Nope he's black.
    tumblr_lqtqddJwRd1qa1fgco1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement

Dont be silly. I clearly remember seeing a photo of him as a child in my grandparents house and he's clearly white and in need of a haircut.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I clearly remember seeing a photo of him as a child in my grandparents house and he's clearly white and in need of a haircut.
    Was that not JFK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Dont be silly. I clearly remember seeing a photo of him as a child in my grandparents house and he's clearly white and in need of a haircut.

^^^^
    Deleted before I got to see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

MrPudding wrote: »
    He obviously can't appear to you in His full noodly glory. If you were to see Him you would die instantly because your puny human mind cannot comprehend the sheer noodly awesomeness of Him. He recognising this and chooses to project a simpler, human friendly version of Himself.

MrP
    According to string theory, when we are graced by His Noodly visage, it is merely a 4-dimensional projection of his 11-dimensional self.

Enough of this sucking up to a carbohydrate - time to return to the true meaning of Xmas
    1471737_494577240658279_1565588616_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,820 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

But still no pic of your tree Banna. Me dissapoint.

Life ain't always empty.

Ceremony postponed to this weekend due to me dying with flu - I got better*.

* I am still a newt however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Ceremony postponed to this weekend due to me dying with flu - I got better*.

* I am still a newt however.

I feel happyyyyy

• Advertisement

Behold - a looking much worse for wear Xena takes pride of place for the 10th year running on an otherwise understated tree.

1476449_10152091284634313_1310189546_n.jpg

Advertisement