Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy atheists stealing our Christmas

• 25-10-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Hi all,

I thought I would get this one over with nice an early this year so we can all relax and enjoy our winter holiday.

So, blah blah blah, you don't believe in jesus so why do you celebrate CHRISTmas blah blah blah, you are such a hypocrite, blah blah blah, CHRISTmas is for CHRISTians, blah blah blah, CHRISTmas much be crap in your house 'cos you are a filthy atheist and don't believe in anything, blah blah blah.

Please chip in if I missed anything.

MrP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What's Christmas?

I celebrate Festivus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Don't forget to accentuate the CHRISTmas before shouting hypocrite. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Remind me now please, which festivals was Xmas robbed from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I actually successfully stole it last year, so the christians will just have to celebrate something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Dey tuk urrrrr chrissmizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What's Christmas?

I celebrate Festivus!
    Heathen! Winterval is where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

An atheist celebrating Christmas is as hypocritical as a Christian celebrating Santa at Christmas. Who really gives a f*ck, it's just a reason to have a holiday off from work to spend having a good time with your family.

No fair is fair!

If you don't believe in Christ, you shouldn't celebrate Christmas!

My brother was at the Occupy Dame Street protest, so now he must refuse to accept the day off when it's a BANK Holiday!

It's just pure logic, no getting away from it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I really can't wait for Christmas, I love those Christmassy hymns like 'Jingle Bells', 'Mistletoe and Wine' and 'Winter Wonderland'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I prefer Annual Gift Day myself, with its token Evil Santa Clause who lives on the moon.

I'll always enjoy the fact there's a holiday in the year where the world basically shuts down and people get together to have a great time (not to ignore that it does stink for people who believe they have nothing to celebrate). I'm happy to ignore the religious motivations of the day and have a few days with friends and family.

I'm a bit concerned how many musicians I love are coming out with Christmas albums this year, though. This is the only Christmas ditty for me, because its laced with delicious cynicism. German cynicism!

• Advertisement

I'm happy to ignore the religious motivations of the day and have a few days with friends and family.

It's always been about this to me so my ignorance of the religious motives is natural.

It always gives me a lil internal chuckle when I think that sharing and loving thy neighbour are staples of Christianity, but they wouldn't want to share their festival with those neighbours who don't believe the same tripe as they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Fine! I will request that my workplace opens on Christmas day to pander to my beliefs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I do love that hour at Christmas when the rest of the family go to mass.

This year I'm going to try and recreate Risky Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I really can't wait for Christmas, I love those Christmassy hymns like 'Jingle Bells', 'Mistletoe and Wine' and 'Winter Wonderland'.
    I frickin' love christmas. Can't wait. Winter Wonderland is my all time favorite hymn. I found myself singing it this evening for some reason, hence the thread.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

For fecks sake OP we haven't even gotten through Jesusween yet and you're talking about Christmas?!

ShooterSF wrote: »
    For fecks sake OP we haven't even gotten through Jesusween yet and you're talking about Christmas?!

If x is an atheist celebrating Christmas, and y is a Christian celebrating Halloween, what is the average rate of hypocrisy to the nearest three decimal points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ShooterSF wrote: »

I think you'll find that 'hallow'een' is a corruption of an originally Christian festival called 'Holy Even(ing)' where people dressed up as the apostles and fought evil. I read it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have a cool Yule folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

\ignore OP

:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm a bit concerned how many musicians I love are coming out with Christmas albums this year, though. This is the only Christmas ditty for me, because its laced with delicious cynicism. German cynicism!

There's big bucks in having a Christmas hit. Just one hit and you never need to work again. Every year you'll get a big pay cheque in January after all the radio play, play in shops, use in adverts and tv shows. How I wish I could write one.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

iguana wrote: »
    There's big bucks in having a Christmas hit. Just one hit and you never need to work again. Every year you'll get a big pay cheque in January after all the radio play, play in shops, use in adverts and tv shows. How I wish I could write one.:cool:

I just can't wait to hear "I won't do what you tell me" in the shopping centre and on the radio. One of my favourite xmas songs (and Frosty the Snowman of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

MrPudding wrote: »
    I frickin' love christmas. Can't wait. Winter Wonderland is my all time favorite hymn. I found myself singing it this evening for some reason, hence the thread.

MrP

My favourite too. It always reminds me of our glorious savior John MCClane and the sacrifice he made for us all those years ago.

YIPPEE-KI-YAY

ItsAWonderfulLife1.jpg

YIPPEE-KI-YAY, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

I have requested my mother to buy baby for Christmas this year. Turkey is overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

iguana wrote: »
    Too true! saw an interview with Noddy from Slade and they asked him if he was sick his "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" song and he said "do i b****x thats my pension that song!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Too true! saw an interview with Noddy from Slade and they asked him if he was sick his "I wish it could be Christmas everyday" song and he said "do i b****x thats my pension that song!:D
    [pedant]
    Apart from the fact the Noddy Holder wrote "Merry Christmas Everyone". Roy Wood wrote "I wish it could be Christmas everyday".
    [/pedant]

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As long as there is mead, glazed ham and pressies I couldn't give a **** what we're celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

There`s no atheists in fox holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

There`s no atheists in fox holes.

Says who?

atheist_in_foxholes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Says who?

atheist_in_foxholes.jpg

I don't see any foxholes. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Christmas became so much more fun once I gave up all that midnight mass stuff.

While my parents and sister are off praying for renewed family ties through the magic of kneeling down and not talking to eachother, I'm with my two brothers actually renewing family ties through the magic of the pint-volume white russian, large cuban cigars and that classic film that teaches us the TRUE meaning of the season, Die Hard.

Advertisement