Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motorway advance signage (lack of)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Examples HERE

I'm going to have to start taking pictures, have been threatening to get an in car camera, something I can get stills from the footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Merch wrote: »
    I'm going to have to start taking pictures, have been threatening to get an in car camera, something I can get stills from the footage?

I have used Google Streetview, even though the views are probably over two years old the lethargy of those who put the signs up and those responsible for ensuring the quality of said signage means its still in place :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

I think that advanced signange, in appropriate locations, should show Nx (Mx) for routes that are part motorway, part non-motorway.

In addition, I don't see why something like 'Non-motorway traffic use Rxxx' can't be used at appropriate locations near motorways to show that there's an alternative route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I think that advanced signange, in appropriate locations, should show Nx (Mx) for routes that are part motorway, part non-motorway.

In addition, I don't see why something like 'Non-motorway traffic use Rxxx' can't be used at appropriate locations near motorways to show that there's an alternative route.

They do - those "Slí Eile (alternative route)" brown signs are in place at alot of locations along M6/M4. Of course they dont mention "non-motorway traffic" but still youd imagine some would "get it".

That said, you have to be on the motorway you want to avoid in the first place to see such signs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Those brown signs are, generally, only used for tolled sections of motorway and not the extensive untolled sections.

The ones on the M4/6 corridor only provide the waypoints for Kilcock to Kinnegad and Ballinasloe to Loughrea

• Advertisement
Advertisement