Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAGE CONTENDER XII : DUBLIN : 25 FEB 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have to just say, myself and my gf had a great night. At the after party now with JF and he is an absolute gentleman. He sorted me out with tickets and made us feel very welcome. Great night and I'd recommend it to all. Cheers everyone involved

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm havn a great night tonight but I have to say if love to meet some of the boards lads. If anyone's about, drop over and say hello lads.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You know, the last two weeks I've been having a mental time in paradise but honestly, I wish I could be there tonight!! So homesick looking at the pics. John Ferguson brings the best show in town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Gotta say, absolute crackin night. From the first fight to the after party to the cringe worthy attempts of the lads tryin their luck in mcDonalds afterwards (you know who you were)
    only gripe is gunnar really needs to be fighting in the ufc or at least for cage warriors in a title match. All i reckon is holding him back is the fact he's from Iceland and not America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

DeVore wrote: »
    You know, the last two weeks I've been having a mental time in paradise but honestly, I wish I could be there tonight!! So homesick looking at the pics. John Ferguson brings the best show in town...

Absolutely he does.

I love CC.

And Dean, thanks for the updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Will this be on Setanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Niall0 wrote: »
    Will this be on Setanta?

Free to air on Setanta this coming Friday at 21:45

Free to air on Setanta this coming Friday at 21:45

Just the main card?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

I have uploaded an album to our facebook page of some lesser spotted sights from Cage Contender XII more to com - free to use, share, tweet, pin, whatever :) Will have a report up later - need to eat ...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.299967270057690.75353.177609035626848&type=1

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Excellent event, a very humbling night for me too as I had a few people come up and ask if I was Andrew McGahon and that they enjoyed my interview with John on Friday. That was very cool.

An honor to get to interview Gunnar Nelson, the man is an absolute class act.

http://soundcloud.com/sdtimeout/sets/cage-contender-interviews

4 interviews on that link and will have a few pieces up over the next couple of days. As usual thanks to John Ferguson for having me, Barry Oglesby for the tips and the fighters for giving me the time.

See you all on the 28th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Seankokoro

Sean Keogan here, first off I just want to say thanks to Cage contender for having me on the show.

I want to apologize to my opponent Stephen for my actions during and after the fight.

Sorry to everyone involved with the show and the fans who attended the show. I was out of line with my actions.

I'll never let that happen again. Don't want a big thing made of what happened. Well done to my opponent Stephen for winning the fight and best of luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Great night!! Really enjoyed the fights. Brought 4 of my mates, 2 of who wouldn't know an armbar from a Mars Bar, and they loved it!

Thanks very much to John Ferguson for sorting out the tickets (and for putting on the fights of course).

You know it's been a good night when my mate turns to me at the end and says "Right... when's the next one?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Good man Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Great night!! Really enjoyed the fights. Brought 4 of my mates, 2 of who wouldn't know an armbar from a Mars Bar, and they loved it!

An easy mistake to make :D

194269.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

Seankokoro wrote: »
    Sean Keogan here, first off I just want to say thanks to Cage contender for having me on the show.

I want to apologize to my opponent Stephen for my actions during and after the fight.

Sorry to everyone involved with the show and the fans who attended the show. I was out of line with my actions.

I'll never let that happen again. Don't want a big thing made of what happened. Well done to my opponent Stephen for winning the fight and best of luck in the future.

Sean, Stephens brother here. These things happen in the heat of the moment, it's forgotten with from our side, best of luck to yourself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

Seankokoro wrote: »

Hi Sean,

Luke here. That's absolutely no problem mate. You apologised about 8 times last night. Honestly it's fine. It was the biggest crowd you and Scobie fought in front of, huge adrenaline and from being in there I know you can be a little out of your mind when you fight!

You fought great and have a promising career ahead of you, just put it behind you and look forward to your next fight! :)

Luke

Dean09 wrote: »
    Dave hanney v Islam bisayev is a split draw

Great night of fights so far.

Thought the judges did a great job last night, especially with the (seemingly) unusual amount of 10-10 rounds when rounds were so close (which I think is fairer than just fiving one guy 10-9 because he completed a sloppy takedown).

However, in the case of Hanney v Bisayev, Hanney was completely robbed IMO!

there does seem to be a lot of split draws going around lately. Should be one of the least occuring decisions.
    i have seen more baffling decisions though. All ya can really say to defend the decision is that Islam was the one trying to finish the fight. Where as Dave did seem content to take him down and hold him there.
    was a very good fight anyway and the only way ya can see this goin is a rematch

there does seem to be a lot of split draws going around lately. Should be one of the least occuring decisions.
    i have seen more baffling decisions though. All ya can really say to defend the decision is that Islam was the one trying to finish the fight. Where as Dave did seem content to take him down and hold him there.
    was a very good fight anyway and the only way ya can see this goin is a rematch

Very true but I thought Hanney was more active on the ground than people were giving him credit for.

I'll rewatch it on TV and see if I score it different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Thought the judges did a great job last night, especially with the (seemingly) unusual amount of 10-10 rounds when rounds were so close (which I think is fairer than just fiving one guy 10-9 because he completed a sloppy takedown).

However, in the case of Hanney v Bisayev, Hanney was completely robbed IMO!

Did i hear the sexual healin scorecard right that he won all 3 rds?. Surely he lost the 1st rd when he got swept and mounted for a lot of that rd?. Thought he clearly lost that round?.

• Advertisement

Did i hear the sexual healin scorecard right that he won all 3 rds?. Surely he lost the 1st rd when he got swept and mounted for a lot of that rd?. Thought he clearly lost that round?.

That surprised me too! My mate kept saying he;d won the 1st round and I was wondering what fight he'd been watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Didn't he slip and they were in closed guard for much of that round? I think he was mounted for a short while at the end of the round, but I can't really remember. Not sure about the score cards though.

Richy06 wrote: »
    Didn't he slip and they were in closed guard for much of that round? I think he was mounted for a short while at the end of the round, but I can't really remember. Not sure about the score cards though.
    He slipped at the start and spent the rest of the round in closed guard. No way he won the first. But showed great control in the second and third

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Great show, well done lads and to all that took part

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Didnt really slip i felt. He took a risk with i think a high kick and it didnt come off and with his body weight against him he got helped on his way by his opponent and mounted. All happened in an instant.

He didn't get instantly mounted, they were in closed guard for a significant amount of the round. Much of the GNP from Alan missed from where I was sitting and James was unsuccessful in sweeping or submitting his opponent, so they were pretty neutral in that regard for Rd.1 until Alan passed and gained the mount...and he definitely slipped, I feel. There was a few instances of fighters on the centre of the mat. I'd have given Alan the first round for sure though.

He didn't get instantly mounted, they were in closed guard for a significant amount of the round. Much of the GNP from Alan missed from where I was sitting and James was unsuccessful in sweeping or submitting his opponent, so they were pretty neutral in that regard for Rd.1 until Alan passed and gained the mount...and he definitely slipped, I feel. There was a few instances of fighters on the centre of the mat. I'd have given Alan the first round for sure though.
    yeah i only counted about 3 punches that landed with any force. But he did a great job of controlling him and keeping busy. Ref never looked like standing it up. It was a very good fight

You seen it clearer than me so as i was standing!.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

I am pretty sure the scorecards for the Heelan/ Kavanagh fight were 29/28 29/28 and 29/27

• Advertisement

You seen it clearer than me so as i was standing!.

Yeah I'd a pretty clear view and could see the screen very well when I couldn't see the ground action from my seat. I was also wearing my glasses so I could actually make stuff out as opposed to seeing a large blurry picture. :cool:

Advertisement