Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wicklow planning laws???

Options
  • 06-10-2011 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i was wondering if anyone could help me i seen a nice plot of land with planning permission in brittas bay but local planning laws apply meaning only those from the area can self build a home on the sight. I was wondering would it be legal to put a log cabin on the site? also heard after 12years of owning the site you can procede to build a house something along those lines if anyone can shed some light on this subject id appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

lukekiko wrote: »
    i was wondering if anyone could help me i seen a nice plot of land with planning permission in brittas bay but local planning laws apply meaning only those from the area can self build a home on the sight. I was wondering would it be legal to put a log cabin on the site? also heard after 12years of owning the site you can procede to build a house something along those lines if anyone can shed some light on this subject id appreciate it.

Wicklow County Council
    Whitegates, Wicklow Town
    Phone: 0404-20100
    Fax: 0404-67792
    Email: cosec@wicklowcoco.ie

http://www.wicklow.ie/apps/wicklowbeta/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

lukekiko wrote: »
    your need to review the wicklow county development plan, it will read something like: have you lived in the area for more than 7 years or basically can you prove the need for housing in the area.

re log cabin: you cannot out put up a dwelling structure on the site without planning permission
    re 12 years: thats BS, stop listening to the lads in the pub;) you need to read the appropriate sections of the Development plan and speak to a local architect or planning consultant.

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Wicklow County Council
    Whitegates, Wicklow Town
    Phone: 0404-20100
    Fax: 0404-67792
    Email: cosec@wicklowcoco.ie

http://www.wicklow.ie/apps/wicklowbeta/

Best advice is to go into the offices of WCC and ask, they will give you the latest info on planning etc. They are very helpful always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lukekiko

thanks alot for the info i obviously need to do a bit of reading up on the planning laws etc and a meeting with wcc would probably be the best bet. i was obviously dreaming thinking i could put a log cabin on the site and apply for planning after my dream home after 7years be that the case. its an awful shame the local only rule applys for wicklow area, ive read that it was deemed illegal in the eu highcourt does anyone know if there is any development on this case?????

Advertisement