Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac level 6 childcare thread ......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lynyg18

hi shirleym, I am doing it with the open college also. Just stuck with the genaral layout of the learners record is it more like a diary or how have you done it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shirleym

Yes, I have done it more like a diary. I make notes of the things that happen during the day. eg. at lunchtime during breaks or class whenever I can, and then I reflect them into the learners record. It is important to reflect and state how you feel about problem solving and what you would do better or if you found something really good. You can send me your private e-mail if you like. Mine is <email snipped> Where abouts are you????

Greetings from Hamburg Germany:)))

yes thanks shirley would be good to get through any problems together! Im in ireland! Are you from germany?

shirleym what module are you doing now?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Anyone out there doing the new FETAC level 6 module

early childhood education and care ??

this is a completely new course and there is an awful lot of work in each module, finding it really tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 christina51

i have just started level 6 with the open college im doing supervision in childcare and im finding it tough.currently doing unit 4,critically analyse the supervisory skills you demonstrate in your daily work and i just dont know where to start,any help would be greatly appreciated

i have just started level 6 with the open college im doing supervision in childcare and im finding it tough.currently doing unit 4,critically analyse the supervisory skills you demonstrate in your daily work and i just dont know where to start,any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi, basically i wrote a paragraph on what skills a superviors need communication, teamwork etc then i put each as a heading and gave examples of how i used them and then how i could improve or if good already, just about given exmples but also analyze your self so if your time management skills are poor how could u improve ... Hope it helps

thanks so much for that lynyg18, it seems much less complicated now. almost finished this assignment now,just the critical analysis left to do,wont be sorry to see the back of it!

thanks so much for that lynyg18, it seems much less complicated now. almost finished this assignment now,just the critical analysis left to do,wont be sorry to see the back of it!

No problem, yea i think the questions worded really complicated , good luck!

Hi. when you see the words critical analysis, you should give positives and negatives.
    also if you look up the role of the supervisor, and under each role a supervisor has, you can say example."it is the role of the supervisor to ........... and i carried out this role today by.............."

there is a book which has all the roles of a supervisor in great detail and can be really handy for critical analysis it is called Supervision & Leadership in Childcare by Eileen mc Partland .

hope this helps. im doing the course too.........another month to go cant wait to get it over with lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 euromillions

Hi Guys,

doing the level 6 with the Open College. Have completed Supervision in childcare I found it ok although alot of the questions I found myself repeating myself alot.

I have received Social & Legal as my 2nd module & my friend has received Child Protection but we started together & hoped to help each other.!! Social & Legal is suppossed to be very difficult not looking forward to it. How are ye getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

bump

Hi Guys,

doing the level 6 with the Open College. Have completed Supervision in childcare I found it ok although alot of the questions I found myself repeating myself alot.

I have received Social & Legal as my 2nd module & my friend has received Child Protection but we started together & hoped to help each other.!! Social & Legal is suppossed to be very difficult not looking forward to it. How are ye getting on?

hi there im also just starting social and legal.looks like theres a lot in it.how are you getting on with it?

Hi cristina,

So far I have read through the notes. I have started ques 1 of the project but there is not alot in the notes about it so gonna have to look for extra reading on that.
    Do you think it's ok just to answer the questions in the project part or do you think they are looking for something more. do you have 12 weeks to complete this module?

Hi cristina,

So far I have read through the notes. I have started ques 1 of the project but there is not alot in the notes about it so gonna have to look for extra reading on that.
    Do you think it's ok just to answer the questions in the project part or do you think they are looking for something more. do you have 12 weeks to complete this module?

hi there,no i was told i have until the 28th april to submit the module,ive just finished ques 1 of the project. i found a lot of stuff on the net about factors that impact a child but since they say outline the factors i just did a short summary on each one.

Hi Christina,

I received my module via post on the 12th March, it says I have 12 weeks to complete the assessments for this module so they are due the end of May.
    I can't help thinking that tutor is looking for something extra for the project not just straightforward answering of the questions. She is on holidays now so I'll email her next week for clarification.

How many modules have you completed so far, this is my second

Hi Christina,

I received my module via post on the 12th March, it says I have 12 weeks to complete the assessments for this module so they are due the end of May.
    I can't help thinking that tutor is looking for something extra for the project not just straightforward answering of the questions. She is on holidays now so I'll email her next week for clarification.

How many modules have you completed so far, this is my second

this is also my second,im finding it tough tbh.doing criticall evaluate the effectiveness of the child protection guidelines at the moment and im stumped!

discuss the impact of national and international social policy on the wellbeing of children and their families,include examples of such policies.

im currently doing this assignment,does anyone have any pointers on this question? i was going to pick 3 or 4 policies and discuss their impact but not sure if this is the right way to go.any input is greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6 realtabui

Hi everyone,

I hope Im writing this on the right thread. I have the Fetac Level 5 in childcare done 4 years ago and now bein told that only Level 6 will be accepted. Im totally confused about normal fatec courses and component courses. Can anyone explain this to me please? School and college were never my thing so hoping to just get this done as quickly as possible!

Thanks

realtabui wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I hope Im writing this on the right thread. I have the Fetac Level 5 in childcare done 4 years ago and now bein told that only Level 6 will be accepted. Im totally confused about normal fatec courses and component courses. Can anyone explain this to me please? School and college were never my thing so hoping to just get this done as quickly as possible!

Thanks

what do you mean only level 6 will be accepted? accepted in what?

• Advertisement

has anyone started the communications module? its very lengthy don't know where to start

lynyg18 wrote: »
    has anyone started the communications module? its very lengthy don't know where to start

I have communications complete. got all my results today and passed everything . if you need any help send me a message and il see if i can help you in any way.

hi somegirl2009 Really my difficulty is with task 1 which is -
    Critique current issues in communications and information technology to include digital and mobile technology, the internet and the policies and principles relevant to a vocational area. Describe how the following have been affected by digital communications:
    A. Acculturation - cultural transformation initiated by contacts between different cultures (400-600 Words) (20 Marks)
    B. Mobile Etiquette and Social Alienation(400-600 Words) (20 Marks)
    C. On-line privacy(200-400 Words) (20 Marks) D. Instant Communications, Always on 24hr Access(200-400 Words) (20 Marks) E. Effective Communications through Digital Carriers(400-600 Words) (20 Marks)

have you or anyone got a sample answer for this I could see or help with it thanks I just cant write 400-600 words ive managed 100 so far any help would be great thanks?

Hi guys doing Level 6 via distance learning with the Open college....very confused on what they are looking for in the daily diary enteries...has anyone done this already would love some tips..

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 niceday7

hi all. im doing level 6 childcare - currently working on Curriculum plan - indoor and outdoor activity - does anyone started this or has finished it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

early childhood ireland are offering the level 6 ( all modules ) for 200 euro. its an online distance course with some saturday seminars.

Has anyone heard of other companies doing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Little Women

Im doing level 5 course at the moment. Can I do level 6 and work full time at the same time or is that too much pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alpaca

Hi,
    Does anyone have any books needed to complete fetac level 6 in early childhood care and education? Very difficult to find second hand ones. Thanks

Alpaca wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone have any books needed to complete fetac level 6 in early childhood care and education? Very difficult to find second hand ones. Thanks

I have Supervision & Leadership in Childcare by Eileen Mc Partland (gillmacmillan.ie)

Used for level 6..... like brand new not a mark on it. google it and have a look in the contents and see if its any good to you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Alpaca

Hi,
    Reposting this again. Does anyone have any books needed to complete Fetac level 6 in early childhood care and education? Very difficult to find second hand ones. I have the Child Development book by Flood and Assiting with Special Needs. I would be grateful if anyone has other books in relation to the course that they are not using. Thanks

Advertisement