Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodbrook Glen and Contract2 Shanaganagh to Bray Pipeline.

Options
  • 28-09-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Does anyone know how the construction of the pipe line
    (for water treatment)

between Shanaganagh and Bray is going to affect
    Woodbrook Glen
    and the valley area?

I have looked on the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown site and have seen a very poor map from which I can work out very little.

Also when is the thump thump of the heavy machinery down in Bray Golf Course going to stop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

There is a meeting tomorrow evening at 6pm

in the Cois Cairn Community Centre

between residents of Woodbrook/Corke Abbey

and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council and the contractor

about the pipeline being laid and construction traffic.

I hope to be much wiser after this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

There is a meeting tomorrow evening at 6pm

in the Cois Cairn Community Centre

between residents of Woodbrook/Corke Abbey

and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council and the contractor

about the pipeline being laid and construction traffic.

I hope to be much wiser after this :)

Would be interested to hear how this went.

Over the next 12 months approximately (October 2011 - end September 2012) sections of the 'valley' will be closed off the members of the public.

This is happening in order to install a sewage pipeline from from to the recently upgraded Treatment Works at Shanganagh Cliffs.

Information on the whole project on
    http://www.shanganaghbray.com/

Pipeline to enter the 'valley' from the Old Bray Golf Course south west of the stream at leave the open space at The Fairways (near the junction with the Drive). Pipeline then goes along the cul de sac at the Drive to the left of the apartments.

It says on the Shanganaghbray.com site that
    ‘The Project Team will work in close liaison with residents…along the route before and during construction so that construction impacts are controlled and the works successfully completed without causing any undue disturbances’.

The Bray based phase of the project has been underway for two months and it was only last week that the representatives of the project met residents.

Shankill residents seem to have been better informed to date. At tonight's meeting it was explained that this was because the building of the water treatment plant there is a much longer process and a permanent structure.

Tonight questions were asked about the impact of the project on
    the houses at the end of the Drive (at the apartments)
    and the quality of life of the people who live there,
    car parking for those residents,
    the temporary gate there.

access for emergency services to both estates Corke Abbey and Woodbrook as there will be some construction traffic on Corke Abbey Avenue

Questions were also asked about the environmental impact on the valley
    and rats.

All going well the work in Woodbrook and through the valley has an end date of March.

There will be another meeting, this time in Shanganagh Park House at six on Wednesday 12th October.
    The Shankill end of things will be up for discussion first. The Bray business will be talked about from about 6.40.

Tonight there were more questions asked than answers given. So I would hope for more clarity at the next meeting.

Communication is key! In its absence people fret.

By the by, the representatives of both Residents Associations (Woodbrook and Corke Abbey) were excellent and represented the residents well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Fair play, thanks for all the info. My Mam will be freaked to hear about the rats thing, but I'd say it would be fine. 12 months is a long time either way though.

Well the response re the rats was

that the HSE/Eastern Health Board would be brought on board if needs be that they would put poison down and that there would be signs put up to this effect.

The meeting wasn't too taken with this.
    They are to get back to the group with more information next time.

• Advertisement

Introduction from Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Co Council.
    Senior Executive Engineer welcomed everyone, apologised sincerely for
    the delay in holding this meeting with local residents and thanked them for coming to meet the Roadbridge Contractor who is building the stormwater tank and laying a pipeline to bring wastewater from Bray to the newly
    upgraded wastewater treatment works at Shankill. He explained that the Contract will be completed by September next year and that the work in this area specifically, will be completed by March, approximately.

Presentation from Project Manager, Roadbridge

He explained that the piling work currently underway is more than 50%
    completed and should be finished by the end of next week, if progress continues to be made according to the works programme. Piling is required as part of the work to construct a stormwater tank in the old Bray golf course, where wastewater will be stored in times of flood and pumped later to the wastewater treatment works for treatment. A 14 weeks programme is required to complete the stormtank.

Vibrations: He reassured residents that the vibrations from the piling works are 70 times lower than the limit allowed – he explained that independent measuring shows that 0.14 mm per second is the level being achieved and 10.0 is the limit allowed. (25.0 is the limit
    at which damage can occur to buildings).
    Timetable: He confirmed that work will be on going in the golf course until early November. Work will begin in the 'valley area' in November and will continue until March, when reseeding and tree planting will be done.

No construction traffic will access the site via Corke Abbey gates.
    The walkway at Corke Abbey will stay open to residents and the
    large bridge will also be open.

Residents were given a map showing the work area to be closed off during works.
    The Contractor hopes to be finished with pipe laying in this area by March and will be out of this area then

The Woodbrook Glen pipe-laying work will be done mainly from the
    golf course. The pipeline is 4.5 km in length and the contractor will lay pipes and repair ground as they move along the route.

Access on the Drive cul de sac near the apartments: Residents will have access to their properties at all times, though there will be parking restrictions for a couple of weeks, while pipes are being laid in any location as half the road will be needed for the works.
    Weekend parking will not be affected by the works.
    At weekends the contractor will finish off pipelaying work and the ground will be refilled.
    Surveys: Homes within 20 -50 metres of the pipelaying i.e. on the Drive/top of Fairways will be surveyed before work begins in their area.

Residents’ Comments and issues of Concern
    1. Residents are concerned about parking. They suggest there may be temporary parking available at the Apartments car park and the long line area behind the apartments, leading to the wall of the first house on the Fairways. This is private land and the residents gave details of the owner
    and his agent to ask if temporary car parking can give residents in the cul de sac at the drive some flexibility in relation to car parking and some freedom of access for construction machinery and pipes.

2. Residents are concerned about traffic management and say it won’t be possible to get construction traffic down Corke Abbey Avenue as it is too narrow. There is no room for a car and truck to pass on the Avenue. They requested a traffic facilitation management plan.

3. Residents are concerned about vermin and rats, particularly, as a result of construction works. They want a protocol for dealing with vermin, especially out of hours and they requested access to a company to set poison. The Parks Dept of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co Council will be asked to assist as part of their rat monitoring programme.

3. Residents are concerned that an eco-survey of wildlife be done and the Co Co cofirmed that an independent survey has been done and the Contractor is also employing an ecologist to ensure no harm is done to wildlife and local ecology.

4. Residents are concerned that construction work should not begin before 8am. The Contractor apologised for any occasion when work started early and confirmed that working hours are 8am to 6pm, five days a week only.

5. Residents are grateful for the project that has seen the foul smelling wastewater treatment works at Corke Abbey closed five years earlier than they hoped and they appreciate the Contractor’s and the Co Council’s efforts to mitigate the inconvenience of the works.

Next Meeting and how to contact the Project Team
    The next meeting of the Bray Shanganagh Wastewater Treatment Works Project will take place on Wed 12th October at 6pm in Shanganagh Park House.
    Contract 1 will be discussed first – the upgrading of the wastewater treatment works

and Contract 2 – the construction of the stormwater tank and the laying of the pipeline will be discussed at approximately 6.40pm.

Representatives of residents are welcome to attend.
    Residents can also ring lo call 1890 25 33 22 with any issues relating to the project.
    Email: projectinfo@rpsgroup.com

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Hi, I've been getting the dart to and from Bray lately and I've noticed some construction work going on at woodbrook glen golf club and I was just wondering if they finally started work on the new Bray town centre or if it's something else, I looked on the Bray town centre website and I couldn't find any update on the development so I'm not sure if the project is still going ahead or if it's been shelved. If anyone has any information on it I'd love to know. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I noticed my thread got moved to here so I guess the bray town centre plan has been scrapped. Thats a shame as it would of given the town a much needed boost. I hope if we ever come out of this recession that someone might go ahead with it.

Yes I'm afraid all you are seeing is the work associated with the Shanaganagh to Bray pipeline.

Best laid plans of mice and men disposed of in this recession.

Advertisement