Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waxed Thread

Options
  • 28-09-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey folks,

Anyone know anywhere I can get waxed thread in Dublin? perferably city centre, or even a website that youve used and is credible? Its the a type of thread that you use to make friendship bracletes and the like cause it doesnt fray :)

thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can't offer you any specific places, but leatherworkers, sailmakers (ships chandlers), cobblers would be good places to try. You could also get plain linen thread and run it through a piece of beeswax. I have some that I got from a website in the UK, Le Prevo leather, but I bought it with leather and the basic postage was £18, fine for what I got, but too expensive to get just thread. I don't know if they do a lesser postage for smaller bits, they are a good firm to deal with.

Advertisement