Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Holland's Bar

Options
  • 11-08-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hearing that Holland's Bar in Bray has been burnt down? Is this true?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Not at all, just drove past the place. Sign up to say its closed but will be opening again soon. Probably more smoke than fire

FluffyCat wrote: »
    Not at all, just drove past the place. Sign up to say its closed but will be opening again soon. Probably more smoke than fire

It seems serious enough if four people had to taken to hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

From the link above
    Four people are being treated for the effects of smoke inhalation following the fire.
    Wicklow Fire Service say some damage was caused to the property but they're describing it as a relatively small fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

THe building itself looks fine from the outside. I was sitting in the dentist when someone rang to make an appointment and while on the phone told the girl on the desk it had been burnt to the ground:rolleyes: Had to drive past to have a look but as the saying goes 'nothing to see here'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2x4

Smoke was pouring out from the door of the off-licence just before 10.30am. Fire brigade took about ten minutes to arrieve. Guards took well over twenty minutes. The two traffic wardens were brilliant. They moved a taxi from the rank and took over traffic control. All done very calmly.
    Hope the Holland family get back in business quickly.

Can anyone confirm if they are open tonight?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not sure, only saw the sign saying 'soon' earlier! Seemed to be people doing stuff in the off-license so dunno what's going on. Will be walking past in around half an hour will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if they are open tonight?

No - its closed - The off licence is open

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No - its closed - The off licence is open

Hope they get back on their feet for the weekend rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Hope they get back on their feet for the weekend rush.

I think they might be closed for longer than a few days to be honest

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'd imagine they would need to get permission from the fire officer after an incident lie that before they reopen

Advertisement