Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray - Best Fish and Chips close to the train station?

Options
  • 10-08-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone help me with above ? looking for a good one and one in/around the train station but it doesn't have to be near the station either, would prefer if it was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Henry & Rose at the top of Albert Walk - just across from the station - has a good reputation. http://www.whoseview.ie/business/Henry-amp-Rose-Bray-Dublin-777653.html

For my money, the best chips from the cleanest establishment I have been to in years, can be had from "Seaside Fast Food" at the south end of the promenade.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHRYhQl3FsFBz3QwMMWWQ04KpcseWIhY3vw3NmwvPTuXjCVnv-

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks, do you know if they fresh batter their fish and deep fry it or is it the fish that they buy in and just cook? Any place you know of that "fresh" cooks their fish ?

Thanks

Edit - just saw your additional writing and pic - is their fish good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

You've got me there! Sorry. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

I like Cassonis down from the henry and Rose. Their chips are amazing.
    The Henry and Rose shop is good though and excellant lady running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I know, in fairness there aren't many chippers cooking their fish "fresh" in Ireland anymore, instead they are buying it in frozen already battered and just cooking it. Shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 headingsouth

Check this out the fish at seaside fastfood is real,you can see the lady batter it fresh from the bucket.Shes too good not great for the calories!!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

The "Seaside Fast Food" is a henry and rose outlet is it not?? i was always under the impression(and the rest of the family agree) that when its a nice day or if they think there'll be the custom down the beach for any other reason(eg. airshow) that they send a couple of members of staff down to that hut thingy beside the fishing club.

There are two options directly in front of the station; Henry & Rose main shop on the corner of albert walk or Leeno's(of Dublin Rd) have a second shop in that row of units backing onto the bowling alley. Afaik H&R is a bit pricier but does a wider range - pineapple quarter pounders etc.. both chippers are of decent standard and reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Lenos Dublin Road hands down, but the best is Cassonis beside Bray head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Cassoni's or Henry & Rose. Lovely grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Cassonis is a rip off, portions are tiny.

Best value and very nice at it has to be Milanos on the seafront. Every time I'm in there they throw in some extras free of charge, normally 1.5 litres of mineral.

Use to swear by Lino's on the Dublin road but the freebies in Milano's changed that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Henry and Rose.

Hands down.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Leave out the salt and vinegar and ALL chippers are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

By the DART, H&R is better. Lino's is terrible, everytime I've gone there, the stuff I got was awfully dry.

Best in Bray is Macari's across from the Royal.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The Best Fish is in the Sea .Fish in Chippers is months in the Freezer.Only for Salt and Vinegar you'd never go near those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

paddyandy wrote: »
    .Only for Salt and Vinegar you'd never go near those places.

Don't forget batter and oil.

Advertisement