Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to town

Options
  • 10-08-2011 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Moved into Wicklow town about a month ago and just have a couple of questions hoping you might be able to help with.

First does anyone know of a suitable location for someone to practise some driving? For example where I used to live there was an Industrial estate that locals and driving instructors used on the weekends when not many would be working.

Second does anyone know any any good driving instructors. :p

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Try the Murrough seafront carpark
    Its about an 80 space car park that when empty may be usefull for doing laps around in (slowly of course)

I don't know any driving instructors though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Try the Murrough seafront carpark
    Its about an 80 space car park that when empty may be usefull for doing laps around in (slowly of course)

I don't know any driving instructors though.

Thanks for the reply. Where abouts is that? And when would it be empty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

It would never be totally empty, the there will be a few cars there in the morning with walkers on the beach.

its across the road from the County Council offices on Leitrim place

It would never be totally empty, the there will be a few cars there in the morning with walkers on the beach.

its across the road from the County Council offices on Leitrim place

Ah near the train station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Jaafa wrote: »
    Ah near the train station?

No, the other county offices, on the strand (is that what it's called?)
    If you're coming from the town, head over the river, and take the first left off the bridge. Travel about 500m along the road, and the carpark will be on your right.

• Advertisement

No, the other county offices, on the strand (is that what it's called?)
    If you're coming from the town, head over the river, and take the first left off the bridge. Travel about 500m along the road, and the carpark will be on your right.

Ok thanks. I noticed the bowling alley carpark would have been good too. I read its closed on mondays during term times. I assume they mean school times and not during the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yup the murrough carpark, surprisingly on the murrough! rite behind my house (noisey donut drivers i WILL hunt you down! :D) i take my mate in there sometimes just to get the hang of the car, can't go v fast but tis better than nothing.

Advertisement