Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Roundwood closed?

Options
  • 02-08-2011 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Did anyone esle hear that the restaurant Woods & Byrne in Roundwood closed? strange as it got a really good name and a number of awards in its first year. The people who leased it were the same who operate Bates in Rathdrum, another place with a good rep. I wonder what happened? shame...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

thats not the place in what used to be Robbies tavern is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

used to be known as McDonalds or the 19th hole just before it became the place it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

The place closed last Saturday night (as in didn't open Sunday).
    It had a great name for the first few months, but the prices were way too high for most people and the portion sizes way too small. That's the general opinion in the village, i have never eaten in the place.

On the other hand the rent was high enough for the place and with customers coming in on weekends mainly, there was always going to be a fine line on the profit/loss............... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bonzo123

We had a couple of dinners up there and thought the food was good. However one night we ordered two fiilet steaks and the waiter came back with 1 fillet and 1 sirloin, we pointed out that we ordered 2 fillets (we don't eat sirloin) he got cranky and told us it was our fault for placing the wrong order!

We put it down to a once off as we are local and it was great to have a nice restaurant to visit. Next time we brought the whole familly, 6 of us. We booked for 7pm and at 9pm after several courses and some nice wine we were told we would have to have dessert in the bar, because the 7-9pm seating was was finished, i wouldn't mind but the restaurant was empty at the time, I asked the Waiter if we could stay for 20 minutes to finsish desert, next thing the manager was over at the table asking us to leave. He told us we weren't welcome back again?, to say we were surprised with his attitude would be an understatement.

We haven't been back since and I've heard similar stories from locals re the service.

For me they made a basic error, always look after your locals, when the summer ends and tourism dies down, it's locals that sustain your business. Rather then alienating your core business build a relatiosnhip with them.

I'm never happy to see a business close, but you get what you deserve.

I really hope somebody takes the premises over and turns it into a customer friendly venue. Woods was very expensive but I don't mind paying for good food, so long as it comes with good service.

The manager on the floor was nothing short of rude and agrresive. So I'm not surprised to see it close.

I have to agree that the manager was a knob. I know one of the owners and was told that there was a job opening in the restaurant, i went in at the time i was told to by the owner and the manager made a big show in front of the packed restaurant (a lot of locals i know). Basically told me to fcuk off, with a few extra jibes. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Disappointed to hear this place has closed. I ate there twice and really enjoyed it. Has the bar closed too or only the restaurant?

Bar is still open last I heard

Advertisement